Freedom of the Seas 9/9/2012

ticktoneer

Three of us (all adults) travelled Eastern Caribbean on Freedom on 9th September 2012. The vacation gets 10 out of 10 !!!!!

Ship - The ship is stunning. We love Voyager Class and above with the promenades. Some of the new touches such as Dreamworks, Cup Cake Store and new menu were great. We can't wait to do 24 days on Independence of the Seas (b2b2b) in November.

Food & Dining - the new main dining room menu is superb. The Windjammer food was also very good quality along with room service being very good.

We treated ourselves to an evening at Chops Grille. Please don't think $30 per person is too expensive. Try it and you will be so pleased you did.

Staff- staff were excellent throughout and nothing was too much trouble. RCI's policy of having mixed race & gender teams of people really works well and creates a much more friendly experience than on other lines where for example most of the dining room staff may be Phillipino etc.

Entertainment - A great programme of entertainment with great production shows and guest entertainers. The Quest and the Ice Show were two of the best during the week.brew Divine s one of my favourite Cruise Dirctors.

Ports of Call - St Thomas & St Maarten are beautiful. Coco Cay is a beautiful place with great catering etc. from RCI.

We managed to get an invite to dine at the Captains Table and Captain Tor Olsen was attentive, respectful, genuine, funny and extremely friendly. It was an honour to dine with him and the other guests.

Thank you for posting your experience. Sounds like you were amybe on Freedom before it goy Oasisized. We were on Freedom in I think 2007. We are sailing her again next month. I think we're really going to love the changes. We are like you and just love the royal promenade Voyager class and above. If you haven't tried it yet, you will probably love Oasis. We were on that last year awesome!!

Sounds like you had a great cruise! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Really makes me look forward to our upcoming FOS sailing even more.

I'm interested to know - how does one get invited to the Captains Table for dinner?

Archived