Entrance Charges Rome Attractions

I have read that the Vatican tour is E21.50. Does anyone know if there is an additional charge for the following and if so how much? Sistine Chapel, St. Peters Basicica, and the Historical Palaces of Lateranenzi in S. Giovanni in Laterano. The hotel we are staying at is offering a package deal that included all of the above mentioned attractions. I am trying to decide if it really is a deal or if we are better off staying with the room price and pay for the atractions as we see them.

We were in Rome in March (not on a cruise) and visited the Vatican. The cost was 12 euro, and it included the Sistine Chapel. St. Peter's is a separate entrance outside the Vatican museums, and I don't believe there was an entrance charge. Keep in mind that the line to get into the Vatican is fairly long, although it moves somewhat quickly -- but you can probably expect to wait a good half hour in line. The line will look much longer, but it does move at a fairly good pace. Also, once inside the Vatican, you follow a one-way route through the museums -- you can't really go back and see something if you missed it -- with the Sistine Chapel about half-way along the route. The Chapel is usually wall-to-wall people, but you can usually get a seat along the wall at one point if you're patient, and from there you can look up and marvel at the ceiling.

There is no charge to get in to St. Peters, or any other church that I'm aware of. There are charges in St. Peters for the elevator to the roof/dome, and for the grotto, I believe. Do not miss going up to the roof. You get a spectacular view of Rome.

Archived