CoCos - Great Place to eat, drink and get a massage

beachgirl009

:DI just returned from stopping in Progreso for a day on the Carnival Triumph. My friend and I skipped the free bus from the port into town and opted to have a cab take us directly to the beach at the end of the port.

We walked about 2 and half blocks down from the port to a restaurant on the beach called Cocos. It is ran by a very nice man named Pedro and his father. Pedro's English is excellent.

All we wanted was two loungers near the water and an umbrella. He quickly found us our loungers and dug a hole for the umbrella. We had the best time there. $2 Coronas/$3 margaritas/$3 pina coladas. He brings free chips and salsa out while you are there.

We had the beef nachos and the cheese quesadillas for lunch, both were great.

He also shares his part of the beach with a group who does cheap massages. We both got an hour massage for $17/person.

I would highly recommend stopping here for a good day on the beach and for a small price tag. :D

Oh he also goes around giving free tequila shots. I think we were up to four or five before we had to say No Mas!

This place sounds great! How much was the cab ride to the beach? Also, do you know if they have a website?

Thanks!

No website. We paid $7/pp to take a cab. It was worth it to us to 1) not have to wait for the bus 2) to not have to listen to the sales pitch on the un airconditioned bus and 3) it got us to the beach faster so we got a prime spot to sit. :)

CoCos had the largest massage table area set up with it (10 tables). It is just past a set of the pubic beach showers.

• 5 weeks later...

Was it pretty easy to find?

:DI just returned from stopping in Progreso for a day on the Carnival Triumph. My friend and I skipped the free bus from the port into town and opted to have a cab take us directly to the beach at the end of the port.

We walked about 2 and half blocks down from the port to a restaurant on the beach called Cocos. It is ran by a very nice man named Pedro and his father. Pedro's English is excellent.

All we wanted was two loungers near the water and an umbrella. He quickly found us our loungers and dug a hole for the umbrella. We had the best time there. $2 Coronas/$3 margaritas/$3 pina coladas. He brings free chips and salsa out while you are there.

We had the beef nachos and the cheese quesadillas for lunch, both were great.

He also shares his part of the beach with a group who does cheap massages. We both got an hour massage for $17/person.

I would highly recommend stopping here for a good day on the beach and for a small price tag. :D

Oh he also goes around giving free tequila shots. I think we were up to four or five before we had to say No Mas!

Archived