Snorkeling in Nassau

cruzrus2

Has anyone been on a good snorkeling excursion in Nassau? We will be cruising on the Jewel of the Seas in November with our 10 yr. old and 15 yr. old. We went on a sea turtle snorkeling excursion in Barbados a couple of years ago and they loved it.

I just returned from Navigator, and can recommend the Sail & Snorkel (aka Sail, Snorkel and Party) excursion from RCCI. We boarded a nice catamaran for a 30-minute ride past Paradise Island out to Atholl Island. There were maybe 40 people onboard. We anchored offshore next to a reef and had an hour in the water.

For me, the snorkeling here was better than at St. Thomas (Cas Cay) and St. Martin (Shipwreck Cove). The water was much clearer, there were more fish, and the sea floor was much more colorful. All the equipment is provided, although I used my own mask/snorkel.

On the return to Nassau, the crew hoisted a sail and backed off the motor a bit. We stopped to drop passengers off at Atlantis, so I got a free close-up view of it.

Archived