Concentration Camps Visits

bogie113

Does anyone know if there are any Concentration Camps located either near Amsterdam or Rostock that could reasonably be visited during the stops in those ports.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Marsha

The closest I know of is "Mechelen" in the village of Breendonk between Antwerp & Brussels. We have make arrangements to visit in August with a "daytrip taxi".

Hope this helps!

Harvey

Harvey

Thanks for your reply. How and with whom did you make these arrangements? We are three couples on the August 3 Stockholm/Dover sailing. The others may want to go to Berlin but we have already been there. We woud be most interested in hearing more. Also, I wonder if there is a way to rent a car and take the trip that way. We have driven ourselves in various countries in Europe before and it's no big deal.

One of the Oceania excursions is a visit to a camp in the morning and then a trip to the Jewish museum in Berlin in the afternoon. You can get this info on their website under excursions.

Sonia

To visit Breendonk--the easiest way is from you port in Zeebrugge((Brugge). I am sure renting a car would not be a problem and the Concentration camp is on the A12 highway between Brussels and Antwerp.

There are numerous websites to get info from--www.trabel.com, http://www.visitbelgium.com,

Sorry, but I seem to have misplaced the tour info the Concentration Camp sent to me.

Harvey

Archived