a little help about NOLA

canadiancruiser23

we were thinking of doing the navigator on dec1 from new orl

what is the earliest flight can i book to get back home,what is the cost of a taxi from port to airport.

we are looking at coming in three days ahead of our cruise need a place to stay with in walking to burbon street at a cost of $100-$150 a night.i do not want to rent a car.

what time is it best to get to the ship with out a hugh line would rather earlier then later.

thats it for now thank you very much

we were thinking of doing the navigator on dec1 from new orl

what is the earliest flight can i book to get back home,what is the cost of a taxi from port to airport.

we are looking at coming in three days ahead of our cruise need a place to stay with in walking to burbon street at a cost of $100-$150 a night.i do not want to rent a car.

what time is it best to get to the ship with out a hugh line would rather earlier then later.

thats it for now thank you very much

The earliest I would suggest is 11:30AM. Your taxi fare will be in the $35 per trip range. My suggestion for a hotel is Place de Armes on the corner of Jackson Square (the heart of the French Quarter) and just several blocks from Bourbon St. Holiday Inn French Quarter is another good choice.

Time to arrive at the port for less congestion is difficult the earliest time would be 10:30 AM but very congested after 12 noon the crowds are normally less. Keep in mind that staterooms are not normally open before 2PM. Have a great trip, New Orleans is a great city to explore and the 5 + hour trip down the Mississippi River is also interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
The earliest I would suggest is 11:30AM. Your taxi fare will be in the $35 per trip range. My suggestion for a hotel is Place de Armes on the corner of Jackson Square (the heart of the French Quarter) and just several blocks from Bourbon St. Holiday Inn French Quarter is another good choice.

Time to arrive at the port for less congestion is difficult the earliest time would be 10:30 AM but very congested after 12 noon the crowds are normally less. Keep in mind that staterooms are not normally open before 2PM. Have a great trip, New Orleans is a great city to explore and the 5 + hour trip down the Mississippi River is also interesting.

Punctuation is a marvelous thing. Are you saying that 10:30 at the port is very congested? And the crowds are normally less after noon? Or are you saying that it's very congested after noon?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived