Just booked...

SEASICK STEVE

Have just booked Trip, New York To Southampton with an American agent (web site) As we are not living in the US I phoned to check it was ok and the agent said no problem . Awaiting confirmation 24/48 hrs . processing done by Cunard ..Heres hoping . SS

Did the same yesterday - even spoke to Cunard UK about it today - you won't have any problems. And on the QM2, I suspect you won't have to worry about the first part of your name!

Check out the roll call for your crossing.

Did the same yesterday - even spoke to Cunard UK about it today - you won't have any problems. And on the QM2, I suspect you won't have to worry about the first part of your name!

I know that people can book outside of their designated region, but I've always thought that the cruise lines themselves are very against it. It's very good to hear that perhaps they are starting to relax about this.

The best possible outcome would be that they charge the same price, for the same cruise, no matter where the purchaser lives.

That's quite impressive- was it a 'late' booking? do you fancy sharing the U S travel agents web site or could you recommend any?

It was a good deal on a sailing in under 90 days - and sharing TA info is a no-no I'm afraid! The internet is your friend when you want to go on vacation....

Conformation recieved .. and have filled in all extra details on Cunard's personal voyager..cabin is a B5 guar. saved about 40% :) including OBC. here's hoping We won't be left in New York !!! G. (ss)

If you are on the voyage personalisor you are on the manifest

If you are on the manifest you are on the ship!

Thank GOD for that after 3 days i NY the old CC will be well overloaded , (better half loves a bargain !!!) G

I once turned up to the pier (US TA) for 'tickets on departure' - the Agent got a bit flustered, but her Supervisor said 'check the manifest' - and I was on. Even if you forgot your tickets, if you are on the manifest - which is the only 'legal document' - that's all that matters.

Archived