Which snorkel tour is best ????

agelessgram

My husband and I will be traveling on Emerald Princess and arriving in Aruba on Nov 30th for our day of touring. I have been researching which snorkel tour to take and have come up with three suggestions Kini Kini Tours, Jolly-Pirates or Tranquilo Charters - I am leaning toward Tranquilo but need some guidance - any words of wisdom will so appreciated.

thanks

Sue & Bill NJ

All 3 tours are unique in themselves.

Kini Kini's tour is land based but gives you a teriffic sampling of beaches.

Jolly Pirates is a lively fun experience.

Tranquilo is laid back and a long but relaxing day with a smaller boat and less people. If you are "type A" then probably not for you.

All 3 tours are unique in themselves.

Kini Kini's tour is land based but gives you a teriffic sampling of beaches.

Jolly Pirates is a lively fun experience.

Tranquilo is laid back and a long but relaxing day with a smaller boat and less people. If you are "type A" then probably not for you.

Thanks so much for your help with information on these tours. We have decided to go with the smaller ship. We, too, are from NJ. This will be our first trip to Aruba and we are looking forward to it. Thanks again. Sue

• 2 weeks later...

There is another less expensive option and that is to take the Arubus from the bus terminal across the street and slightly to the right of the cruise terminal for $2.30 pp return out to the end of line 10B and then walk about 1.5 blocks to Boca Catalina beach. It is a lovely, white coral sand beach, that you can walk into. There is some pretty wonderful snorkeling to the right as you enter the water. The bus service runs about every 30 mins.

There is another less expensive option and that is to take the Arubus from the bus terminal across the street and slightly to the right of the cruise terminal for $2.30 pp return out to the end of line 10B and then walk about 1.5 blocks to Boca Catalina beach. It is a lovely, white coral sand beach, that you can walk into. There is some pretty wonderful snorkeling to the right as you enter the water. The bus service runs about every 30 mins.

We did the Jolly Pirates last time with a group & had a great time, but this option sounds great for our January cruise! Are there chair rentals, etc.?

We did the Jolly Pirates last time with a group & had a great time, but this option sounds great for our January cruise! Are there chair rentals, etc.?

I honestly don't recall but according to TripAdvisor they have them, DW was in her wheelchair and I just spent a couple of hours in the water then left (with her of course):). It is really a locals beach.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g488162-d2226058-Reviews-Boca_Catalina-Noord_Aruba.html

Archived