Best Mayan ruins in Belize?

tripletsmommy

Last December, DW and I took a ship sponsored tour to Lamanai. We were on Mariner of the Seas. It was a very long day but well worth it.

However, on our way back, our tour bus was stuck in traffic, and we were 45min. late getting back to the ship. :eek:

Had we been on a private tour, I'm not sure the ship would have waited for us.

If you are interested, you can view my wife's pictures at this link to her website.

http://nancysoasis.com/belize/belize.html

• 3 weeks later...
I think Magic is there from 8-5.

We will be doing the Lamanai excursion on Thanksgiving day this year, can't wait!

Please post about how your excursion went. With this being our first trip to Belize, I was to nervous about booking an excursion on our own. So we booked Xunantunich through Carnival, but I would really love to see Lamanai, however, Carnival does not have an excursion to their, so we would need to do it on our own. So please post about your experience. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We had a great time. I was looking at my watch quite a lot on the way back, but we made it on time. The last tender was "scehduled" at 4:15 and we got off the bus at 4:05. We headed to the tender line and got in line behind about 500 people. By the time we got to the front it was well after 5:00 and there were several hundred people behind us.

The excursion itself was great, informative talk while on the bus on the way out, the boat ride to Lamanai was a blast, lunch was good (but not great) and the ruins were amazing. Our guise Ephraim (EZ) was cautious about time the entire day, encouraging us to enjoy ourselves, but not to dawdle too much.

Archived