msc web check in help please

lindamcg

hi, please help me someone!!!

I have booked a cruise on an english speaking MSC wesite and it will not allow me to web checkin? THE BOOKING REFERENCE IN WRONG THEY SAY ? I have an email confirming his reference number. I have tried checking in on all the english speaking websites.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A CENTRAL NUMBER FOR THIS COMPANY OR EMAIL ADDRESS?

hi, please help me someone!!!

I have booked a cruise on an english speaking MSC wesite and it will not allow me to web checkin? THE BOOKING REFERENCE IN WRONG THEY SAY ? I have an email confirming his reference number. I have tried checking in on all the english speaking websites.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A CENTRAL NUMBER FOR THIS COMPANY OR EMAIL ADDRESS?

I had a problem with my recent bookingwhen the MSC cruiseline reference was given to me by the Travel Agent in the form 9/123456 and I too got the message THE BOOKInG REFERENCE IS WRONG.when attempting a web checkin. What it transpired to be is that there is no /in MSC's numbering system. so my correct booking reference was in the form of 9123456.

It happened again last week on a cruise I've booked for July next year. this time it was in the form 10/123456 and it should have been in the form 10123456

Perhaps you have a similar problem?

Pete

We do not have a slash in our booking number. However, to the OP, if your name has a special character such as a dash like mine, you have to put a space instead of the special character or try a different combination. Hope this help.

It all depends on which country your booking website is based. You must go through that country's MSC website. Go to msccruises.com and click on the country, use Chrome to translate it, and then check-in.

I booked with a German travel agent's english website, and could only check-in online through the German MSC website.

This is your issue, I promise.

How far in advance do you check-in?

I have to get passport for son and hubby yet and to renew mine. Need to speak to teachers for best day to take son out of school. Minor so both parents need to be present to get passport. Figured to get it all at once.

How far in advance do you check-in?

I have to get passport for son and hubby yet and to renew mine. Need to speak to teachers for best day to take son out of school. Minor so both parents need to be present to get passport. Figured to get it all at once.

I would say a month before your sailing date to be save so they can email you the final docs.

I would say a month before your sailing date to be save so they can email you the final docs.

Thank you. That means no later than 10-30-12 since I am flying in the day before.

All docs will be via email? need to make sure I have full ink cartridges.. :p

I have booked a cruise on an english speaking MSC wesite and it will not allow me to web checkin? ?

We had a similar problem with our cruise in July. We live in Germany, but had booked through an American travel site. The German MSC site did not recognize our booking number whereas the American site recognized the number but as soon as we entered the ZIP code automatically filled in the fields for the city and state. Turns out that Speyer, Germany has the same zip code as Granola, KS, USA.

We were not able to correct this and had to leave Granola, KS in our web check-in form. It did not give us any problems later on and everything worked well.

Archived