Victory Embarcation

GABulldog

We arrived at the port at 10:55 am and were on the ship in about 1 hour and 40 minutes. There were a lot of people there already and quite the traffic jam at one point. We parked in the garage, (they will tell you where to go), after dropping off all our big luggage with the porter. Don't know if this is normal procedure or not.

You have to pay before you go in to the garage, I think it was $84. All-in-all it was not that bad.

http://www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/portofmiami/au_directions.asp I would take directions to the port with you as well.

As you leave the garage there is metal container that measures if your luggage is able to be carried on or not. We actually saw some people with full size luggage that we thought would be turned away, and were surprised when they weren't. A lot of people were filling out their documents as they stood in line, so it is a good thing that you have it filled out already. Hope this helps! :)

Oh, I am editing this to add don't forget to tip the porter!!! 2 days into our cruise we received a sheet of paper asking all passengers to check their luggage as some passengers had not received theirs yet. Can't imagine the grief they were going through with no luggage! We tipped $20 just to make sure, lol.

Hi GABulldog, we had 2 very large suitcases, 2 medium size, and 1 small suitcase, besides the 2 vanity type cases that can sit on top of the rolling suitcases. WE also had 3 garment bags that we carried on because I didn't want to pack 3 suits and 6 dresses in the cases. There were 6 of us altogether.

We took the small suitcase, the 2 vanity, and the 3 garment bags on the ship with us , and the rest we dropped off with the porter. If you have any more questions I would be happy to try and help. :)

Almost forgot, my 2 dd also had their backpacks with them while boarding.

Embarkation is always a crazy time. You will encounter the biggest crowd if you arrive before the actually begin boarding around 12:30. It moves pretty quickly though. Just try and stay relaxed and realize your vacation is about to begin. If you want to avoid the crowds then arrive after 2PM and you should be able to breeze on through. We like to get on the ship early so we are always there by 10AM. Beats sitting around the hotel.

We got ther very early, about 9:45 AM. We were able to swiftly park and were processed with no line. We had to wait however in various line and did not make it on board until about 12:30 because of people disembarking. we were at the front of the line though so we were among the first to board. This was for the 5-1-05 victory, Eastern.

As you leave the garage there is metal container that measures if your luggage is able to be carried on or not.

I'm a little confused (and yes, I usually am, so no big shock there). The Victory (5-29-05) will be my 3rd Carnival cruise. I have never had my luggage weighed before when dropping off my luggage, or at least that I knew about. Is this something new they are doing or am I just ready what you said wrong?

I'm a little confused (and yes, I usually am, so no big shock there). The Victory (5-29-05) will be my 3rd Carnival cruise. I have never had my luggage weighed before when dropping off my luggage, or at least that I knew about. Is this something new they are doing or am I just ready what you said wrong?

Sorry that I got you confused lttlcruiser. By measure I meant the inches not the weight. It is a metal cage/box that you can put your cases in to see if they will fit the scanning machines that you have to put your stuff through before you get on the ship. They are in the garage at the enter/exit. My son thought he saw one in the lobby while we were standing in line as well (probably for the people that don't use the garage?) I hope this cleared up the confusion.:)

Thanks! I knew they had never weighed my luggage before because I am the queen of stuffing a suitcase to the max. I am not good at deciding what I will need, so I just bring it all! Anyway, now that you explained it, I do know what you are talking about! Thanks.

Archived