Taxi to Chileno

eggbeater

I know this is an older post, but hoping to "revive" this topic and get some info from this post. I would love for our little family to visit Chileno Beach on one of our days in port. I actually contacted a snorkel trip company (Rissalena) and they warned me that the water would be very cold for an actual snorkel trip, so I'm wondering about getting to this beach to just hang out for the day. We have 2 boys 10 & 6 and I figured they could play in the sand with a little swimming and we could kind of be on our own schedule. It was mentioned in this post the best way to get to and from this beach on your own and wondered if anyone could give me the information they got while researching. Any companies or reliable people I could contact to get us to or from for a reasonable price (and not miss our ship)? My email is brookevyacht at Hotmail dot com if anyone would like to email me the information. Thanks so much!

I sent you an email.

We hired Benjy for the day.

benjytour@hotmail.com

We had my twins, my hubby and I plus my friend, her hubby their twins and 2 children.

He took us on the glass factory tour where we actually got to try to blow some glass - another group came with someone else and they didn't get the same presentation nor did they get to try to blow glass. He also arranged parasailing for our group and we stopped for lunch. He also took us to Chileno beach. Contact him and tell him what you want to do. He will quote you a price. It was so nice to know our day was set before we left for our trip. My friend went back to Cabo this year (flying in, not on the cruise). On their vacation they spent several more planned days with Benjy enjoying all the best of Cabo. He is knowledgable, friendly and will make you day in Cabo just perfect.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We just got back and used Alex Garcia's company for our day to Chileno Beach-it was my favorite day! Jose was our driver and while he was not the most talkative, he was very nice and never rushed us. He took us to Chileno where we spent probably about 3 hours or so. The beach is beautiful, the water is so clear you can see fish swimming below you and the waves were very gentle. The kids had fun swimming, playing in the sand and just running around free off the ship! Then we went to a real Mexican restaurant and had lunch before heading back to the ship. We spent $150 for our family and that was for 5 hours. I would definitely recommend him again. He tailors your time with him to what's important to you. We wanted beach time and that's what we got! So much better than the party beach in Cabo!

• 2 weeks later...
I sent you an email.

Dear Mary, This is Cary of Sacramento, Ca. We will be on the SF-SF Star Princess Oct. 1,2014 Mexico Riviera cruise. Will spend 8am-5pm Oct.4,2014 at Cabo San Lucas. I NEED the contact e-mail of Alex in Cabo. Will you please send it to me wong868 at yahoo dot com. I appreciate your help in this matter. Have a Happy Chinese New Year (Jan. 31 2014). It is the year of the HORSE ! Cary:)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

We will be in Cabo with our three kids. Chileno beach looks wonderful.

I'm trying to figure out if hiring a driver for the day is the best way to go, or if we can just catch a taxi near the cruise ship area.

We are just interested in a day few hours at the beach and lunch somewhere afterwards.

None of these tour guides have access to renting chairs or snorkeling equipment?

Thanks. :)

• 4 weeks later...
I hope this isn't to late, but we did that exact same thing but hired a driver for the day. He took us to Chileno, and stayed until we were ready to leave. He was FABULOUS and since we had a some extra time, he took us to a great place to eat and the glass factory. It was such a great day and I felt so taken care of. If you want his email, I can give it.

Hope you have a great time. Chileno was soooo beautiful.

mbmbird, I'd also love the contact info for your driver, please.

Sent you a PM. Thank you!!! :D