Cruise suggestions

hannahsmomtoo

Hi My name is Christine and I am now a cruise addict...

(HI CHRISTINEEEE )

ok so I am looking at booking cruise # 2.. and I am at a loss about WHICH to pick..

I know this depends on many factors..

We have traveled very little so I am clueless about the ports..

We live in Phoenix so we will fly to whereever we embark from..

I will say that we MUCH preferred Port days over sea days..

Anyone? suggestions for #2?

Southern Caribbean out of San Juan. 1 sea day 5 ports. Just did that last week and OMG!! Had a fantastic time.

The Valor will be replacing the Victory early next year (feb or mar) so I would wait for the Valor!!

What ever your choose, have a fantastic time!! :p

Southern Caribbean out of San Juan. 1 sea day 5 ports. Just did that last week and OMG!! Had a fantastic time.

The Valor will be replacing the Victory early next year (feb or mar) so I would wait for the Valor!!

It would be mid to late next year... so that works. That is a very port-heavy cruise. I will look into it.. Thank you !

Friends of ours did this one and they had an awesome time.

Enjoy!!!!!

Western has a great itinerary out of FL on several ships. Most ships do 4 ports that include Belize, Cozumel, Roatan Honduras, and Costa Maya or Grand Cayman.

I agree with this suggestion for your 2nd one...:)

Western has a great itinerary out of FL on several ships. Most ships do 4 ports that include Belize, Cozumel, Roatan Honduras, and Costa Maya or Grand Cayman.

Yes I am looking at that one too..

It's funny.. I thought it would be cheaper to fly from Phoenix to Galveston ( simply because of location ) but it's just about exactly the same to fly to Florida.

Hi Christine and welcome to our addiction from a fellow Phoenician. You can drive to CA since you haven't done that one yet. After 3 or 4 times it gets old though.

I would definatly look at cruises 7 days or longer since you are flying. You spend almost as much on airfare as you do for your room so you might as well get more days out of it. If I could get enough time off at once I would even consider B2B.

The Valor cruise that was suggested would be a good one, but then, to me, they are all good, and I don't really have port preferences much anymore since we have been to most of them multiple times. I would be happy on a 7 day cruise to nowhere. Lol.

Hi Christine and welcome to our addiction from a fellow Phoenician. You can drive to CA since you haven't done that one yet. After 3 or 4 times it gets old though.

I would definatly look at cruises 7 days or longer since you are flying. You spend almost as much on airfare as you do for your room so you might as well get more days out of it. If I could get enough time off at once I would even consider B2B.

The Valor cruise that was suggested would be a good one, but then, to me, they are all good, and I don't really have port preferences much anymore since we have been to most of them multiple times. I would be happy on a 7 day cruise to nowhere. Lol.

I just did the Splendor out of long beach... Which Calif. cruise are you talking about?

( and hi .. thanks for the welcome Zonie !! )

We are already booked for the Valor our of San Juan for 2014 Can't wait...

I have only heard and read good things about it.

Although being from Oregon, it is going to cost more to get there then the cruise.

Planning on getting into San Juan the day before, and the ship doesn't leave until 10 so that is a bonus too

All the ports will be new for us.

We have always done our CC Group cruises doing the Western Caribbean.

They were all fine ports. Maybe not all the safest, but I never felt uncomfortable.

Being with a group going on excursions, we always had a good time.

also, doing the Westerns left all those wonderful Islands for us to visit going out of San Juan.

I just did the Splendor out of long beach... Which Calif. cruise are you talking about?

( and hi .. thanks for the welcome Zonie !! )

Ooops. Sorry I missed that. That was the one and it is about to be no more. Splender will be going to NY.

We are already booked for the Valor our of San Juan for 2014 Can't wait...

I have only heard and read good things about it.

Although being from Oregon, it is going to cost more to get there then the cruise.

Planning on getting into San Juan the day before, and the ship doesn't leave until 10 so that is a bonus too

All the ports will be new for us.

We have always done our CC Group cruises doing the Western Caribbean.

They were all fine ports. Maybe not all the safest, but I never felt uncomfortable.

Being with a group going on excursions, we always had a good time.

also, doing the Westerns left all those wonderful Islands for us to visit going out of San Juan.

The San Juan one is SO tempting.. but yes, airfare will cost more than the cruise itself. The islands are just incredible.. made the mistake of googling them all ! lol

The San Juan one is SO tempting.. but yes, airfare will cost more than the cruise itself. The islands are just incredible.. made the mistake of googling them all ! lol

I got roundtrip tix from CA to San Juan for 400.00pp. AA on they way there Delta on the way back. Took Delta on their offer for a voucher to stay the night in New York. So I got a 400.00 voucher for a future flight! That paid for my whole flight there and back!!

I just did kayak dot com and that is where I found the prices and went directly to Delta and AA to book it.

Jetblue also flies there. There are deals to be had.

St Lucia is one if not the most beautiful Island I have ever been to or seen. Just gorgeous and I want to do this itinerary again!!

Good luck with whatever you choose!!

My input... you will love the Southern Route out of San Juan (victory now and Valor in 2013 after feb I think) It is a fantastic cruise. We have done it once (my review in my signature) and doing it again this Dec. Also the Valor is a bigger newer ship you will enjoy her if you decide this cruise .... whatever you decide have a great time. :D And do definitely try to come to San Juan a day or two early and/or stay a day or two.... it is such a fun place to explore.

You can justify the price of the airfare because i found that the cruises out of San Juan are cheaper than from Florida.

at least that's how I justified booking the cruise out of San Juan :P

can't go to Barbados, St. Kitts or St. Lucia on any other Carnival ship! :D

My input... you will love the Southern Route out of San Juan (victory now and Valor in 2013 after feb I think) It is a fantastic cruise. We have done it once (my review in my signature) and doing it again this Dec. Also the Valor is a bigger newer ship you will enjoy her if you decide this cruise .... whatever you decide have a great time. :D And do definitely try to come to San Juan a day or two early and/or stay a day or two.... it is such a fun place to explore.

Thank you - where did you stay?

Going to read review now !!

Hi Jen and Sam..

I am originally from Boston -- so we are STILL all good !! :D

Since you are originally from the East Coast, why not cruise out of an eastern port such as NYC? Oops. You would be following your first cruise ship, the Splendor, but you would go to Half Moon Cay and everyone should go there at least once. There's nothing like that island. That itinerary is heavier on the sea days, though.

You and your daughter looked like you had an amazing time on your cruise a couple of weeks ago--I read your review. You look like sisters! Whatever you choose, I know you'll love it.

Archived