Getting from LAX to Star Princess

Pennipops

Are you seriously considering flying in the day of the sailing. I would advise seriously against this. It only needs for your flight to be delayed and you will miss your cruise. You will then have to arrange flights to the next stop.

I always fly in at least the day before. This at least gives you 24hr lee way if your flight is delayed or problems occur. Especially with such a long flight.

Babs

Sorry if I'm going to bore the pants off you all, but I've got lots of questions about my planned cruise! I will only ask one question at a time so here goes. I am arranging my own flight from the UK to LAX. Shall I just pre-order a taxi to the cruise ship or is there a shuttle direct from the airport? I'm hoping to travel on the Star Princess from LA on 4-4-14, to Hawaii! :)

Are you seriously considering flying in the day of the sailing. I would advise seriously against this. It only needs for your flight to be delayed and you will miss your cruise. You will then have to arrange flights to the next stop.

I always fly in at least the day before. This at least gives you 24hr lee way if your flight is delayed or problems occur. Especially with such a long flight.

Babs

On my last cruise, which was out of the Port of LA, about 200 passengers never made it onboard, even though the captain held up the sailing for four and a half hours. They were all Brits who were on a flight out of Heathrow (I think booked through Princess) during a snowy week in the UK. On top of that, we were having a record number of straight days of rain here in Los Angeles. Every time I ran into someone from England on the ship, I'll ask them if they were in this group and they said they had arranged their own flights, but flew out a few days ahead. One couple flew to Paris and caught the flight to LA from there -- again, a few days ahead.

Archived