Disembarking 1 port early....

catherineshopper

Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone knows about disembarking earlier. Our last port before disembarking in Genoa is Civitavecchia. We wish to get off there and stay the night in Rome before flying on to Malta for the next part of our holiday. I have spoke to MSC in Australia,and they say we may have to pay a fee to get off early as it is lost revenue for them. They can't tell me how much or if we will be charged. They say it is up to Splendida on the day....

does anyone know about this or who I could contact about it.??? And will they make us wait till most passengers are off as we need to get our luggage off as well.???

Thanks for your help

Catherine

They also have disembarkation at that port so there will be others getting off with luggage.

I have got off before the end of a cruise before but that was on a repositioning cruised and was an option offered via the UK trip, so was booked thatnway. I'm sorry I don't know what charge they will levy onboard for early disembarkation. You'll definitely be able to do it as passengers from time to time have to do this as a result of illness or emergencies at home.

Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone knows about disembarking earlier. Our last port before disembarking in Genoa is Civitavecchia. We wish to get off there and stay the night in Rome before flying on to Malta for the next part of our holiday. I have spoke to MSC in Australia,and they say we may have to pay a fee to get off early as it is lost revenue for them. They can't tell me how much or if we will be charged. They say it is up to Splendida on the day....

does anyone know about this or who I could contact about it.??? And will they make us wait till most passengers are off as we need to get our luggage off as well.???

Thanks for your help

Catherine

Catherine

We are disembarking from our cruise one port early in Marseille (MSC Fantasia) on 27 October 2012 and when I asked MSC Sydney they adivised that we had to:

* Advise the ship upon boarding of our requirement to disembark one port early. MSC Sydney would not arrange this with their head office even though I made the enquiry some 4 months prior to our cruise and

* I was advised that this will cost us approximately $70.00 AUD for each passenger disembarking early.

Thanks for that....

Yes Sydney office wouldn't give me a definite yes or no on the charge amount. They said the same thing..... about letting them know when we board. I think it's a bit stiff charging to get off early....I understand they think they are losing out on our drinking money!!! But unfortunately for them I rarely drink. So no lost revenue there.....

Oh well, plans have now been made for flights from Rome, so we will have to wear the cost now.

Thanks again for the info...

Catherine

We are planning on getting off in sorrento instead of a day later in genoa in April. I booked direct with msc uk and they said that was fine, as its a tender stop they said ship staff would advise us what time to leave. I also have a proviso that if weather is bad we can stay till genoa. I have booked two return flights one from Naples and one from genoa as our insurance. There was no mention of an early disembarkation fee. Is this fee normal? Never been charged with other cruise lines in the past.

Archived