St. George to Beach / Taxi vs. Shuttle

Susan-M

Just want to clear up a misconception that some people have regarding the cost of taxis vs. the shuttle bus to Tobacco Bay & Fort St. Catherine Beach.

When I asked in the tourist office (in the St. George terminal bldg.) I was told that taxis were very expensive and to take the shuttle bus @ $3. pp/ each way. From Zenith, it is a 5 minute walk to the Town Square to get the shuttle. However, taxis were waiting just outside the ship, and the cost was only $6.00 to Tobacco Bay/$7.00 to Fort. St. Catherine - we had 4 people, so half the cost of the shuttle, and we were at Tobacco Bay in less time than it would have taken us to walk to the shuttle bus stop.

Both Tobacco Bay and Fort St. Catherine are within walking distance - 15-20 minutes max. - but can be strenuous. My 75 year old mother and I walked it a couple of times, but took a taxi when friends joined us who couldn't manage the walk.

Archived