Iron in rooms

maryooo

The p osting you agreed with implied that ironing was somehow less dangerous than smoking. That's an opinion, of course, and you're welcome to hold it. But the conclusion can then be drawn that since smoking is allowed, and it's more dangerous, then ironing is a very minor offense and can be overlooked.

If that is not what you were agreeing to, I apologize, but it's the way I understood your message to read.

Your apology is accepted!:)

Never meant to imply that ironing was less dangerous & did not realize that my "I agree" could be misunderstood. :confused: However, believe that smoking in staterooms is equally dangerous.

In my previous posts, I agreed that Personal Irons should not be used on Cruise Ships & offered alternatives to the OP. My DH was a volunteer fireman & we understand the danger of fire. On a ship it could spell disaster!

I once smoked (thankfully stopped), but never in our bedroom, in our car, in our ship’s stateroom, or while sailing our boat. How often have you seen a lit cigarette placed in an ashtray while the person was doing something else (only for a minute)? :( If a rogue wave happened to hit in that minute (as it did on NCL several weeks ago), the cigarette could roll onto the bed or carpet & not be found until it was too late. Also agree with TedC that people sometimes have too much to drink & might fall asleep with a lit cigarette. Hopefully that will never happen!

Wish that all cruise ships were smoke free, but understand that will never happen in my lifetime. So we have to adjust, as could never give up cruising!

Ok, it’s time to get off my soapbox! Happy Cruising..:)

Also agree with TedC that people sometimes have too much to drink & might fall asleep with a lit cigarette. Hopefully that will never happen! [/font]
With the number of cruisers and the amount of alcohol consumed, I am amazed that we read more about people going overboard (literally) than starting fires.

Charlie

With the number of cruisers and the amount of alcohol consumed, I am amazed that we read more about people going overboard (literally) than starting fires.

Charlie

But we are not all carting on our irons and ironing boards--guess that's why we don't have frequent fires on the ships. :rolleyes:

Maryooo I know how you feel about being a lurker. I haven't quite figured what type of questions to ask. So far my questions have been relatively ignored or misinterpretted. I'm going to be reading everyone else's Q & A's from now on.

I am somewhat confused. :confused: Where are all these questions that were ignored?

Your Perillo thread was misunderstood not only by me but others. I thought the misunderstanding was cleared up.

I did a search and did not find any question that was ignored and short of the Perillo thread, no other misinterpretations.

If you think your questions are not answered why not ask again? There are lots of people who can answer.:)

Archived