shuttle from miami airport to port of miami

snaiks

in november im taking my wife as a surprise aniversary to the Epic, and we will be traveling the day before the cruise. Im renting a car with Sixt rent a car because they are cheaper and ive had very good expiriences with them.

i was looking on transport to/from rental car lot from the airport ive found 2 available options

1. Taxi at a fixed cost of 25$
  2. Super Shuttle at 15.99 pp

I was wondering if there was a third option maybe a free shuttle from rental car agencies in the airport?

also, are cabs readily available when leaving the ship back to the airport?

thanks in advance

The other option you might consider is what we are doing in a few weeks. We also rented a car from sixt to get around for the 2 days prior to our Epic cruise. We are picking the car up at the airport, but are returning it to the south beach location at no additional charge. That way we only have a 10 minute taxi ride. Hubby is going to drop me at the port with the luggage and then take the car back. No hassle of dealing with getting luggage into a cab.

in november im taking my wife as a surprise aniversary to the Epic, and we will be traveling the day before the cruise. Im renting a car with Sixt rent a car because they are cheaper and ive had very good expiriences with them.

i was looking on transport to/from rental car lot from the airport ive found 2 available options

1. Taxi at a fixed cost of 25$

2. Super Shuttle at 15.99 pp

I was wondering if there was a third option maybe a free shuttle from rental car agencies in the airport?

also, are cabs readily available when leaving the ship back to the airport?

thanks in advance

There are plenty of cabs when arriving back to Port of Miami. They are staged in a holding lot like cattle and allowed to enter the passenger pickup area single file. Note as you head towards the taxi stand, there will be people trying to guide you to awaiting airport shuttles. You'll save maybe $10/pp for this but only do it if you have plenty of time (and patience). The shuttle will go around in circles until they fill with enough passengers for the trip because they aren't allowed to idle at the passenger pick-up/drop-off. It added maybe 1/2 hour to my own trip but I was in no rush.

Edited by kylenyc

thanks very much for your help. looks like im going to return to the airport as I know how to get to/from the airport.

in the way back ill get a cab back to the airport

thanks for your replies

• 1 year later...
The other option you might consider is what we are doing in a few weeks. We also rented a car from sixt to get around for the 2 days prior to our Epic cruise. We are picking the car up at the airport, but are returning it to the south beach location at no additional charge. That way we only have a 10 minute taxi ride. Hubby is going to drop me at the port with the luggage and then take the car back. No hassle of dealing with getting luggage into a cab.

We're thinking of doing the same thing this week (dropping four family members and then taking car back). How'd it work for you guys?

Well that makes the choice rather easy. With 4 of us a quick cab ride is the best value. Thanks for the quick response!

At least National/Alamo has a free shuttle from MIA RCC to POM, I believe that you can easily get the car from them compred to to cheaper agencies for the 2 x $25 difference it takes to take a taxi both ways. We always use Alamo when possible and it has worked like a charm.