Anyone famous on your cruise?

celbercrz333

We had 3 celebrities on our Celebrity cruise (sorry for the pun!) One finally admitted to us at the end of the cruise that he was in the "television and motion picture industry". One my husband saw in a movie or tv show, but he can't remember the name. I saw this guy, but I feel like he was a supporting actor in either a detective series or similar. The third one he saw, but I never did.

My brother went on Princess cruise lines a few years ago and Dan Marino was on his ship with a girlfriend/wife (not sure if he is married or not). My brother said that nobody bothered him anytime he saw him and he and his lady were very loving and kissy with each other.

We had 3 celebrities on our Celebrity cruise (sorry for the pun!) One finally admitted to us at the end of the cruise that he was in the "television and motion picture industry". One my husband saw in a movie or tv show, but he can't remember the name. I saw this guy, but I feel like he was a supporting actor in either a detective series or similar. The third one he saw, but I never did.

Took the NCL Star in June 2003 around Hawaii and Fanning. It turned out to be

a Star Trek cruise! George Takei was onboard and you cannot find

a better gentleman. He spent lots of time with the trekies, and was

generous and friendly with everyone. He also was a wonderful voice,

which is how I discovered that he was onboard.

Susan Anton on Carnival.

Bowzer from Sha Na Na on Princess.

Bob Dickinson from Carnival (wasn't on the cruise but flew in when we docked in St. Thomas a few years ago and did inspections).

Two supporting actor guys from Star Trek movies (don't know their names but did know their faces) on a Holland America European sailing. The Olsen twins were on the sailing after us.

I think he meant that between all his appearances on the ship-board activities, it was like he was a celebrity by the time the cruise was over.

Unless of course, he was a covert celebrity traveling in disguise :-)

June

• 3 weeks later...

Bob Dickinson was on the Fascination in 1998 with us where he announced they were coming out with a Smoke Free ship--the Paradise...Ah well, it seems like a million years ago now. I am pretty sure that was it. Well, there is this comedian named Happy something-or-other that was on our ship and I had seen him on land and on TV before

OH WAIT!!!! I was on the Paradise when RICHARD SIMMONS was on it with one of his weight loss cruises. According to my at the time boyfriend who was chief steward, he said Richard was an awesome guest and to me he appered to be very gracious and friendly. I did not meet him but from the pictures in the hallway photo gallery, it looked like he was willing to take his picture with anyone who asked.

Was on a the Sovereign in '87 and the cast from "The Highlanders" were onboard for a convention. At the time, I had never heard of the Highlanders, and think maybe I saw a little of it on tv once. Oh well! That's my addition to the thread.

In 1998 I was on the Legend of the Seas and Frankie Avalon was onboard. He did a show and he even sane "Beauty School Dropout."

He was the last one on board at Skagway and I was near the gangway when he came on. He was very nice and he said hello.

Was Frankie Avalon alone? When my husband taped a PBS special (Red White & "Rock) with him, he had a personal assistant with him. He kind of led the way for him all over the auditorium & hotel -announcing -"make room for Frankie". John thought it was a hoot. It was 2 years ago. He forgot the words to Beauty School Dropout - & had to start over a few times until he got it right. He was very nice & down to earth & had a beer at the airport bar with my husbands group.

OK kids! I just stumbled on this site but have a story to tell about meeting famous people. This is my second cruise. I am going on the Liberty on August 1 but 30 years ago when I was just married, my husband and myself were on board the Marconi. (I know, you never heard of it). Well anyway, we walked on board and all of these movie camera crew were boarding. Never thought much of it (What did we know) Anyway they were making a movie being shown on cable TV (Cable was just coming out) called "Don't Miss the Boat". On board were Joanne Worley, Rip Taylor, Linda Dano (her now deceased husband), Phil Esposito who was a hockey star then, and the actor from SOAP who I can't recall his name. There were other actors that I can't remember. I am sure you all do not know the above anyway! There were also actors who were doubles of stars (Elizabeth Taylor, Barbara Streisand etc.) Anyway, to make a long story short, my husband and I were hired for extras! Paid one dollar to be in the background. Walk throughs etc. Very exciting! Never saw the movie because our area did not have cable at the time. what a bummer. But our first experience was very exciting anyway. Had to share. Oh I forgot to add - Shared a cab with Joanne Worley. Very nice. Very friendly. She stepped out of the cab and we were left to pay. Just thought I would share that with you. Still laughing about that one.!

I saw Regis Philbin and Kelley Rippa (sp) of "Regis & Kelley" TV show on the new "Spirit of America" last week along with other celebrity guests.

Oh, never mind, I watched that on TV at home.

Yeah I 'tivo'd' all those episodes...I was very disappointed...I wanted more ship less Reeg Oh well!

Hi Angela,

I am somewhat familiar with Atascadero, mostly just passing by on the way to Morro Bay. Wish I was there (Morro Bay) now. :cool:

We are forecast for 105 today and then 106-104-108-106. The last few days were over 100+ also. The water in my pool expanded so much it ran through the inter connection to my spa.

I guess you are getting some of this heat also, though you may have some cooler ocean breezes there.

John

In 1997, my wife and I took a short repositioning cruise on the Dawn Princess (Vancouver to LA). When we got into the dock, the mad rush ensued to disembark with people standing around like lemmings. My wife and I retreated to the pool area and copped a table and chairs. Soon, a bunch of guys with cameras and equipment came piling aboard and setting up lights and stuff. We waited then asked what was going on. A guy with the crew said that they were there to shoot some Baywatch scenes that needed re-takes. In about 15 minutes, in filed David Hasselhoff, followed by a STUNNING Gina Lee Nolan and, straggling in a bit later, Pamela Anderson. Hasselhoff milled around talking and when I nodded he walked over and signed an autograph and took a picture with my wife. The ladies and their entourage sat down at the table next to us. Gina Lee in tight leather pants and even tighter sweater was a real treat. Pamela with no make-up, slobbering down a bowl of something was a disgusting site. I'll say this, her make-up people should receive medals! Ha! I took a bunch of pics of the ladies but kick myself to this day that I didn’t have MY picture taken with THEM!

Archived