Best way from Orlando to Port Canaveral

Thinking about booking the MOS next April 2006. I will have my own air so any suggestions as how to get to the ship from the Orlando airport? Really do not want to take RCI's transfers. Have done that before and had to wait on a bus for an hour until it was full before going to the pier.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

You would have a couple of options from MCO to Port Canaveral.

Mears transportation is a popular one and I was told they are found all over the airport.

If you wanted to go something a little better, two limo companies keep coming up. One is All In One Limo and Happy Limo. Both of these companies offer web sites and it is their name followed by .com. Not sure if I can list the addresses here but it is really easy to figure out.

Both companies seem to offer good prices.

Hope this helps.

When we sailed the CCL Pride we landed in Orlando, and had to go to Port Canaveral. Anyhow, I looked into getting a cab, and that was soooo much more than the ship transfer (because the travel time is 45min-1hr).

When we went to buy the transfers, the cruise line had asked us to provide a flight number and time of landing to them on the day of embarkation. I tried to explain that we were flying in that night before, and offered to give our flight number. She said that we don't need to be flying on this plane, its just that in order to qualify for the transfer, the flight number given must be on the day of embarkation. I thought this was the dumbest rule ever! Hopefully that was just a CCL rule.

Anyhow, The morning of the cruise, we took the hotel airport shuttle back to the airport, and went to the "arrivals" part. We sat there by the tour busses, we gave our ticket to the lady, and our luggage was loaded on the bus. It did seem like we would have to wait for a bus to fill up, but in reality we were only waiting for about 20 minutes because a plane had just landed, apparently.

Then it took only 45 min to get to the pier.

The transfers were only $20pp, and that was for a round trip journey. I remember a cab faire being about twice that.

Hope this helps :D

Archived