beach at Roatan Island

oceanvac

We are going on the Valor in 2 months and was wondering from anyone that has been at port at Roatan Honduras if ther is a beach closeby that we could just hang out at for the day instead of going on an excursion, I just want to relax instead of having 3 foll days of meeting time while on vacation. Or any other suggustions would really be welcomed

Thanks

We went to Foster's Bay with a family who booked the tour, and we were there several hours. We loved it and would do it again. We rode to the beach in the back of a pickup:) They gave us a free drink, and I think you could buy hamburgers, etc. There were a few shops, and we did buy a t-shirt. Otherwise, we just enjoyed the beach.

Another vote for Fosters. We loved it there. Great place that's not so crowded as some other places. They even have a local artist with his shop there....beautiful artwork! I think they are owned by an American family who are living there most of the time. Very nice people working there; pretty beach. There is even a lady there (licenced professional ) who gives the best massage right on the beach for a great price! Both my husband & son got massages. I think her name is Keyla....you can get her info from the Fosters website or email them & they know her.

Have an awesome time in Roatan!

Just came home yesterday from the Western Caribbean on Valor. We went to Tabyana Beach in Roatan - as did several hundred others from the ship. Very crowded on the beach and in the water. If you walked a little in either direction it wasn't so crowded. The beach itself was beautiful, as were the surrounding areas. Nice restrooms, bar and restaurant (drinks and food were not included). We paid $33/pp through the cruise line. Talked to others that took cabs on their own and paid $40/round trip per cab. Obviously a cheaper option, but as we were two females traveling alone, we opted for the chaperoned option.

Although the beach was very crowded, as I sit here at work with the rain pouring down outside - I'd give anything to be there right now!

Archived