Roll Calls

lewes

Hello Everyone

My wife and I will be frist time Oceania cruisers on the 10/9/13 Marina cruise from Barcelona to Rome.

I have started a roll call on 9/10/12 entiteled Marina Barcelona to Rome 10/9/13 to date we have not have any other messages listed.

Is this unusual?

Hello Everyone

My wife and I will be frist time Oceania cruisers on the 10/9/13 Marina cruise from Barcelona to Rome.

I have started a roll call on 9/10/12 entiteled Marina Barcelona to Rome 10/9/13 to date we have not have any other messages listed.

Is this unusual?

No, it's not unusual at all. I've been the only participant in a Roll Call for four months at a time.

Eventually others will find you....usually complaining that all of the plans that they wanted to make are fully booked already. :rolleyes:

Patience is a virtue.

Agree completely with Jim and Stan.

I usually book a cruise the day the itineraries come out and then start a roll call. I worry for weeks or months that we will be the only ones on the cruise.LOL The ship is always full and the roll call picks up after a while.

What I usually do very early is set up my private shore excursions and post them -- even if there are no others on the roll call. As soon as the other cruisers get on the roll call my excursions fill up!

I would suggest that if no one else posts on your roll-call board in the next couple of months, you periodically add posts yourself to keep the board active. Otherwise it gets pushed further and further back and people who do not see it may start their own roll-calls for the same cruise.

Agree completely with Jim and Stan.

I usually book a cruise the day the itineraries come out and then start a roll call. I worry for weeks or months that we will be the only ones on the cruise.LOL The ship is always full and the roll call picks up after a while.

What I usually do very early is set up my private shore excursions and post them -- even if there are no others on the roll call. As soon as the other cruisers get on the roll call my excursions fill up!

Since this will be the first time in any of these ports we were hoping that someone who has been to these ports might set up the private tours that we could possibly join.

We have been doing research on Barcelona and Rome and are pretty sure we know what we will do pre and post but we will need help with the cruise ports in between.

Here is what I suggest you do

First, add a post on the roll call that says you want to join private tours organized by others.

Second, go to the Ports of Call boards. For each new port search for "private guide [name of port]. You will find many suggested private guides. Then do some research.

Someone will probably step up to the plate and arrange tours but you can do it yourself if you do the research. The Ports of Call boards are the best place to start.

I have organized a ton of private tours. If you email me privately and tell me your ports, I might be able to suggest some good private guides.

Archived