How much do you tip...

kelkel2

I cant speak for room service but I usually tip the barmen a little extra, they often come back and give an extra splash of rum or fill the Jameson up a little taller next time around.

I know these guys spend 7 months away from home at a time to work 6 1/2 days so I figure I could give a little extra and they often remember it.

I can completely agree with this. Last cruise we had a bartender who knew us by name and he were great. I started to specifically go to that bar when he was working and he always poured my drinks strong! I tipped him extra for it, but honestly he worked hard and deserved it! Plus I was impressed that he knew my husband and I's names and called us by name before we even sat down!

We had room service pretty much every morning on the Princess.. Best bacon I ever had.. We always tipped 3-4$. We got the same thing everyday, eggs, bacon,yougurt, coffee...Can I get this on Carnival? I love sitting on the Balcony and drinking coffee in the morning,, Best thing ever!!!

We had room service pretty much every morning on the Princess.. Best bacon I ever had.. We always tipped 3-4$. We got the same thing everyday, eggs, bacon,yougurt, coffee...Can I get this on Carnival? I love sitting on the Balcony and drinking coffee in the morning,, Best thing ever!!!

From what I understand the room service is pretty much cold items only for breakfast. So bagels, pastries, cereal.

I too sailed on Princess and I believe it's the same with Carnival. You can write on the card and request bacon, but the only way they will be able to get it for you is if they stop by the buffet and pick it up for you. Never tried it so I can't tell you for sure, but that is what I was told on Princess' message boards so I felt bad asking and didn't.

I'm not certain they are, since I've seen information stating that "tipping is expected for Room Service."

Where have you seen that?

On Cruise Critic's official or 'expert' reviews, more than once. "Tipping is expected (and appreciated) for room service."

Archived