Dive rental equip @ el CID?

kimala

Any one out there used rental equipment from El CID resort dive shop which is real near the cruise ship ports in Cozumel? Hubby and I are taking a cruise Oct 28 to Cozumel and I haven't dove in awhile so we were thinking an inexpensive shore dive would be ideal. Problem is we had sold my equipment so ill have to rent everything except mask and fins. Please let me know ASAP we are only 2 weeks away. Thanks.

Any one out there used rental equipment from El CID resort dive shop which is real near the cruise ship ports in Cozumel? Hubby and I are taking a cruise Oct 28 to Cozumel and I haven't dove in awhile so we were thinking an inexpensive shore dive would be ideal. Problem is we had sold my equipment so ill have to rent everything except mask and fins. Please let me know ASAP we are only 2 weeks away. Thanks.

My son and I stayed in Cozumel last year for a few days and stayed at el Cid, but dove next door with "Dive with Martin" and used their gear. I too only brought mask and fins. We had no problems with using their stuff on multiple trips. I stopped by the dive shop at el Cid and their stuff looked fine as well.

The shore diving there is not supposed to be really good - true for most all shore diving in Cozumel. I'm not sure if the currents are an issue close to shore, but Cozumel is known for strong currents. I'd recommend diving the reef with a divemaster that knows you haven't been out in a while. There are easy drift dives to be found. "Scuba with Alison" is a good choice if you are interested.

Whatever you do, be safe and have fun.

Archived