Marseille on Sunday

Alex71

We'll be in Marseille on Sunday, Dec 30. Any chance anything will be open then? We're looking to take the ferry to Chateau d'If, which looks cool, but given the time of year, we'll need to also make back-up plans in case it turns out to be cold any rainy. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. We have to kids, 7 and 5.

We'll be in Marseille on Sunday, Dec 30. Any chance anything will be open then? We're looking to take the ferry to Chateau d'If, which looks cool, but given the time of year, we'll need to also make back-up plans in case it turns out to be cold any rainy. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. We have to kids, 7 and 5.

Unfortunately I can't help you with anything specific around that time of year, however I can highly recommend a visit to IF Island. We did it this summer on the Carnival Breeze...we got the ship shuttle into the town and then walked around the harbour to the Frioul-If Island Ferry.. Chateau d'If is a interesting place to visit with great views of the city and cathedral..however, there is very little shelter so be sure to do it only if the weather is dry and clear.:)

We were in Marseilles on a Sunday. There was a free shuttle bus to the port area near town. But 95% of the stores were closed. So we took the little tourist train for a ride. It's right next to the shuttle drop off area. As are the HOHO buses. Kids would love it. But as I recall it may not run in December. Google it and it may be a viable backup. I think the HOHO buses run in December but on a more limited schedule.

Archived