Young Children & Thanksgiving on the Voyager

Hi,

My family (parents, 2 brothers w/ spouses, husband, 2 yr old, 5 yr old, and I) is thinking about the Nov 21 Caribbean cruise on the Voyager.

My mom is a very experienced cruiser (that's how I found cc) & she took my 5 yr old on a Disnery cruise last year.

Given that this isn't a "family" cruise line, will my children "put off" other passengers and / or the ship's personnel? Since it is over a holiday and in the Caribbean, I am hoping it is more acceptable to bring these young ones. What should we expect over Thanksgiving?

Does anyone know if the kid's program will be available on a holiday cruise as it is over the summer? Any experience with in-room babysitting (evening during dinner and/or show)? Cost? Quality? Is it offered on sailings even if the kid's programs are not?

What other things should I consider?

Do I need to have any anxiety about my 2 yr old falling overboard?

Thanks so much! I look forward to your feedback!

There was one preschooler on the fall Diamond crossing (about 2 y.o.) and he was so well received that he finally communicated very gently that he was bored with all the attention from doting strangers. He was obviously well travelled and so well behaved. He'll probably grow up to be a first class diplomat!

Can't help with info on the children's program. Obviously, you won't want to let a two-year, or even a five-year-old on the balcony unattended. But otherwise, I'll bet the children will have a great time just being with family. You can direct the maitre'd as to where your group would be most comfortable in the dining room. The main dining room is large enough that everybody's needs can be accommodated.

• 1 month later...

The Voyager Thanksgiving sailing will have Club Mariner operating but the youngest age is 5 years old. I think people should expect to encounter children on any cruise that offers a children's program and therefore not be "put off" with little ones. I have not sailed on a Radisson cruise with children onboard, but maybe someone who has, can offer more advice to you.

adelle

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed on a Thanksgiving Voyager cruise 2 years ago. There were many children on board of all ages. The cruise was totally sold out. CLub Mariner was in action and they were taking kids as young as 3. We have cruised Radisson many times and always with our son. Even 6 years ago when there were only 4 kids on board he was well received by both staff and other cruisers, that said, he is well travelled, a great eater and when he was younger we never let him out of our sight. Your 5 year old will love Club Mariner. Maybe you can get the in suite sitter for the 2 year old a time or two so you can have a little break. We never used this service but know friends who did and were very pleased - its usually some of the Indonesian staff who do it to make some extra cash during their few off times - I do think it is limited though so make your request early. Don't worry, your kids will have fun and you will too.

Archived