athens/rome airports

paulthepest

we are doing the athens to rome cruise,will be going in a day early and staying at the marriott. will be taking the tranfers from the ship to rome airport,oceania told me it would take about a hour to get there.we are booked on delta ,to leave at 11:50.I hear the rome airport is hectic place,would like some feedback on this subject!

We did the same itinerary but stayed an extra day in Rome and flew out on Delta at 10:55 AM. Sunday. Traffic in the AM was light but the lines at the airport were long. I would think the Saturday traffic would be heavier. We arrived about 1 hour 45 minutes before our flight and by the time we checked luggage & cleared security they were already boarding our flight!

has anyone done the tranfers from ship to Rome airport,what is the time frame?

The ship will send around info for you to fill out about your flight time, then you will be given luggage tags for your baggage ( color coded) ..you are let off the ship in groups by the color code.. and hurded to the buses ;-)

You will be off the ship probably by 8 or 8:30..the drive from port to airport is a bit under an hour depending on traffic.

Archived