About the surfrider? Oasis class

Denpetter

i'm really looking forward to the surfrider onboard the Allure of the seas. Which will surely be fun.

I just noticed that lessons are priced at 60$ per person, and as an experienced skateboarder and snowborder (but never tried surfing) I'm sure I could get the hang of it, without lessons.

May I try without the lessons, or is it required?:confused:

Dennis

Lessons are not needed in order to try the Flowrider. There are normal sessions and there are 'advanced' sessions, with the only difference being that the attendants will not help you on the board during the advanced sessions. You can attend a normal session and the attendants will help with how to stand and give you pointers. So you can try it before you commit to spending the money on a lesson.

Lessons are not needed in order to try the Flowrider. There are normal sessions and there are 'advanced' sessions, with the only difference being that the attendants will not help you on the board during the advanced sessions. You can attend a normal session and the attendants will help with how to stand and give you pointers. So you can try it before you commit to spending the money on a lesson.

Great!

I will go for the normal session to begin with.

Wow, my cruise will be great!:cool:

I'm a skateboarder/snowboarder as well (never surfed), and I find the three very similar, but the Flowrider is definitely my favorite. Sunday can't get here quick enough to get on Allure!

To echo tahqa, if you want to get the best return for your time waiting in line, the whole key to the Flowrider is getting to the point where you can start without help from the staff. Once you do that you can do the Advanced sessions in the morning and avoid the lines. I did the Advanced session the morning of one of the port days on Oasis last year and had it to myself for the whole hour.

Once you go to your first open session, see if you can get to the point where you can start yourself. If you need a little help the lesson might help, but with your skateboarding/snowboarding background it shouldn't be too hard to get to that stage without lessons. Good Luck!

I'm a skateboarder/snowboarder as well (never surfed), and I find the three very similar, but the Flowrider is definitely my favorite. Sunday can't get here quick enough to get on Allure!

To echo tahqa, if you want to get the best return for your time waiting in line, the whole key to the Flowrider is getting to the point where you can start without help from the staff. Once you do that you can do the Advanced sessions in the morning and avoid the lines. I did the Advanced session the morning of one of the port days on Oasis last year and had it to myself for the whole hour.

Once you go to your first open session, see if you can get to the point where you can start yourself. If you need a little help the lesson might help, but with your skateboarding/snowboarding background it shouldn't be too hard to get to that stage without lessons. Good Luck!

Thanks for your advice.

I'm confident I'll do well on the surfrider.

:D:D:D

Dennis

Archived