My Dawn Wardrobe for April 2013

t60

We are sailing around Australia next April, with a few extra days in UK and Sydney. All in all we will be away for about 7 weeks. leaving Spain at the end of March it will be warmish, then arriving in UK, who can tell whatthe weather will be, finally Sydney where it will technically be the end of their summer and beginning of Autumn. Cruising around Australia we will encounter all kinds of weather, temperate to tropical plus a bit chilly I believe in Tasmania.

Inspired by Fashionista posts and threads by ComeSailWithME, Brooklynfc and Arhillbilly, plus sites like Polyvore, J Jill, Eileen Fisher and many other I have attempted to show a first draft of clothes I am considering taking along with me. So far I have done my sight seeing/travelling clothes plus evening wear on board. I am in the middle of packing away my summer clothes so as yet haven´t decided on daytime cruisewear for sunny days. As we are only permitted to have 20kg in a case weight is a consideration for packing. Travelling wardrobe is built around black and white trousers, 3/4 leggins or capris (haven´t decided which yet), while the evening consists of dresses and tops combined with black velvet trousers of velvet skirt.

I will try and post pics of travelling/sight seeing clothes

dayclothesandtravelling.jpg

Black waterfall jacket, and brown/black tunic dress are not showing too well. Picture bottom left is a fairly lightweight silver lurex top which can be worn in the evenings as well with a velvet skirt. Next to that is a grey fine wool jumper for those chillier days when i can also wear a t shirt or strappy vest top underneath

Sandy in Spain

Here is my proposed evening wear. Some of the dresses may look out of proportion, but that because i am quite short and the straps spread out on the hangers.

eveningcruiseclothes2.jpg

Numbers 1 & 3 are double layered crepe, cut on a bias. I has a hankerchief hem, while 3 is asymetrical, both are mid calf length.

2 is a mid length velvet devoré in brown with a gold shrug.

4 is a short crepe with a fluted hem and purple with black spot shoulder strap with matching ´roses´on the bodice

5 is a short dark purple with lace inset on the bodice

6 a fitted red crushed velvet with a flared panel skirt

7 Lurex top with velvet trousers/short straight skirt

8 Black and white silk tunic for velvet trousers/short straight skirt

9 Black hankerchief crepe top for velvet trousers/short straight skirt

10 Multicolour top for velvet trousers/short straight skirt

11 same as 8 with black waterfall jacket from travel selection

12 Green velvet mid calf dress

Although we are doing formal nights I believe on the Australian ships Formal does not mean long, so no long dress included.

Sandy in Spain

Great grouping of clothes and I think it's smart to stick with basic colors and mix and match.

Looks like you have things that will work in all kinds of weather too.

Hope you post pics of your trip when the time comes.

It´s one of my favorites, but I also like the brown devoré one a lot as well. I just love velvet clothes, skirts, trousers, tops, jackets...just an old hippie I suppose

Sandy in Spain

b4 I am ready to pack......you might make a pictoral album of all the combos you can think of...made a list and stuck to it....I did this for 3 wks cruzing plus extra land time....I managed to pare it down a bit....with day and night..I only took 44 pcs..that amounts to about 2 1/4 garments per day x 2...I usually wear a tank for day w/ sleeve topper, and a bottom..then evening top bottom and cami, or it is a button up/pullover for evening. I did get free laundry for shore stuff. I only buy packable barely any wrinklle clothing anymore. most steams in the shower. You colourings are great choices. !!!

As long as the velvets have stretch! LOL

I am tying to stay more tropical but I have a pretty teal/peacock skirt and burnout top I want to take...at least it's a Dec cruise so it IS winter LOL

The brown is nice and I love little shrugs

Archived