Cruising with a 5 year old

liberiben

I'll add my two cents to say our daughter loves to go to Adventure Ocean. It is very well run and organized, and the people that work it are happy and enthusiastic. It's very clean, and the kids are always busy.

I would highly recommend this. Your child will have a great time, and you will have some quality "adult" time.

Sounds like a good place to ask this question...tipping in Adventure Ocean....I know they have quite a few helpers...how do you handle tipping them?

Lou

I think they split all the tips. I usually bring some cash and give it to person in charge and ask them to share it with the staff.

And just to make sure I have everything. All I need in a certified Birth Certificate, no picture ID for her(we have passports for us)? I would hate to be turned away at the port.

You only need a certified birth certificate not a copy.

Be certain to bring the standard OTC meds because you will likely not be able to find them on-board or in port.

At this age DD liked the small cans of Play-Doh (the party sized ones) a small plastic sheet (I'd cut a 5x7ish peice out of one of those "disposable" cutting boards) at the table, on a bus ride, etc. When she'd run out of stuff to do with it I would challenge her to "make a triangle" "make a flower" etc.

We'd also do a daily visual scavenger hunt. I had a list of stuff and would draw (very) crude pictures. Some of the items would be port-specific others generic. When we were in Venice, for example, we had a statue of a winged lion, a NY Yankee's baseball cap, a gondilier's hat, an orange backpack, a canadian flag, a basketball hoop, and a pigeon sitting on someone's head. It would keep her looking around (trying to find that darned basketball hoop!)

• 2 weeks later...
I think they split all the tips. I usually bring some cash and give it to person in charge and ask them to share it with the staff.

I am taking my son and his 4 year old (my youngest grandson) on their 1st cruise on the Liberty of the Seas in 3 weeks. Since this is my first time cruising with a child, I never even thought about tipping the Adventure Ocean staff!! I know tipping is a personal thing but could any of you steer me in the general direction of how much to tip?? Thanks!

Archived