st. martin island tour?

Hi,

1st time cruiser here, so I'm not familiar with the island. Do I really need to pay around $50 per person to tour the island (bus tour + shopping stop at Marigot) of st. martin/sint maarten? Or can i do this myself? Has anyone done the tour before? Appreciate any help/advice!!!

You should try Joyce Prince tours. You can book for a half day or a whole day.It is up to you. She plans the day around anything that you want to do including shopping, beach or watching the planes. There is more about her on th St Martin boards. Everyone has great reviews about her

I'd get a cab at the port and hire the guy for the day! The port is beautiful, and there are cab drivers who do this for a living.

We did this last summer and it was fantastic. "The Man of the Land", as he called himself, took us around for 4 hours. He made all the hot spots (Marigot, Orient Beach, scenic overlooks)...the guy even took pictures for us!

I'd highly recommend doing this on your own. I think total cost with the tip was about $60-$70. Being on a stuffy bus can be boring....find a knowledgable, fun cabby and you'll never forget the island.

Enjoy!

I'd get a cab at the port and hire the guy for the day! The port is beautiful, and there are cab drivers who do this for a living.

We did this last summer and it was fantastic. "The Man of the Land", as he called himself, took us around for 4 hours. He made all the hot spots (Marigot, Orient Beach, scenic overlooks)...the guy even took pictures for us!

I'd highly recommend doing this on your own. I think total cost with the tip was about $60-$70. Being on a stuffy bus can be boring....find a knowledgable, fun cabby and you'll never forget the island.

Enjoy!

I agree. St. Maarten is gorgeous! We went to Maho beach for the day, and the water is beautiful and the planes were awesome! I'd go back in a heartbeat! :D

I agree with VPPro Rent a car. They drive on the right side of the street, not the wrong side. There are not a lot of lights or stop signs but everyone just goes about there business very casual!!. If you have never been in a "round a bout"(and there are a few) that can be intertesting but we enjoy driving ourselves. Even when we cruise we rent a car because we have been there so many times we feel very comfortable. We have a time share there and spend a week there every other year. We rent a car for the week and its no problem at all. Its better to be on your schedule then someone elses. "GET OUT THERE!" Dont worry you cant get lost....... It takes a little over 1 hour to circle the island.

AL

We just got back from St Martin and had originally planned to do the ship's island tour excursion but it was sold out. We just walked off the boat and looked into what was available - we ended up getting the same tour as the ship for less than half the price. Plus we had our own personal guide/ driver!

Hi,

1st time cruiser here, so I'm not familiar with the island. Do I really need to pay around $50 per person to tour the island (bus tour + shopping stop at Marigot) of st. martin/sint maarten? Or can i do this myself? Has anyone done the tour before? Appreciate any help/advice!!!

If it's the one with the butterfly farm, by all means don't take it. The tour guide at the farm (not on the bus) was very rude and was swearing during the tour in the presense of small children.

Archived