Review: Jewel 10/21 | Garden Villa | Chefs Table | Bridge Tour | 100+ Pictures

brian99

Brian is the tips included in the price at the chef's table? I'm so looking forward to it on my cruise next week.

I just checked my bill and we were charged $150 for the two of us, no additional tip or service charge. It's a great value considering you get a 9 course meal (about 3 hours), a picture, unlimited wine (3 types) and an after dinner cocktail.

Be sure to check your bill before you disembark, we were double charged for a spa treatment. I wend to the front desk around 6am to have it taken care of, by 6:15 there was a line 20 people long.

Brian, where is the chef's table served? Thanks for the review and all the pics!

It's served in Le Bistro but you have to sign up in advance, I recommend doing it the first day because there's only 1 chefs table per cruise and there's only room for 12-14 people.

I just checked my bill and we were charged $150 for the two of us, no additional tip or service charge. It's a great value considering you get a 9 course meal (about 3 hours), a picture, unlimited wine (3 types) and an after dinner cocktail.

Be sure to check your bill before you disembark, we were double charged for a spa treatment. I wend to the front desk around 6am to have it taken care of, by 6:15 there was a line 20 people long.

Yet ANOTHER incident of overcharging on the Jewel. There have been way too many reports of this lately. Is corporate going to address this fraud?

Yet ANOTHER incident of overcharging on the Jewel. There have been way too many reports of this lately. Is corporate going to address this fraud?

I also found the bill confusing. We usually left an extra $5 tip at the specialty restaurants so the bill would show a charge of $40 then a charge of $45 then a credit of $40. At the spa my wife was charged twice for products she bought and then credited once. Her massage was also billed twice but there was no credit.

I understand why there might be two charges at the specialty restaurants because of the tip but I can't think of a reason to be double billed for spa products and double billed for a massage with a credit for one of them.

Would I feel out of place if I did this alone? I am considering it, but I don't know if others I am going with will want to..

We had a group of 14... 6 couples and two singles. I guess it depends on who else attends but I doubt you would regret going solo.

I don't think this was an over charge. Isn't it $75 per person?

Would I feel out of place if I did this alone? I am considering it, but I don't know if others I am going with will want to..

My daughter and I are going to do it..you can sit with us!!

Sounds great NYGIRL! What night was this? We have some other restaurants booked, but the concierge promised to make it all work for us in case we had conflicts. I just want to let her know if I have to change my other dinner rezzies!

Katie

Sounds great NYGIRL! What night was this? We have some other restaurants booked, but the concierge promised to make it all work for us in case we had conflicts. I just want to let her know if I have to change my other dinner rezzies!

Katie

The Chef's table was done on the night we sailed from Nassau. Hope you have a great cruise.

Katie

Hi Katie..I've already told the pre-concierge that I wanted to book and and she said she will pass the info on to the concierge but to mention it to her when we get to the ship. I'm sure we'll meet somewhere before..either in Cagney's or at the Meet and Mingle.

Fran

Katie

Our chefs table was Wednesday 10/24, the day we should have gone to GSC. Your concierge will have no problem changing reservations. We made changes as late as a few hours before the reservation and were always accommodated.

Our chefs table was Wednesday 10/24, the day we should have gone to GSC. Your concierge will have no problem changing reservations. We made changes as late as a few hours before the reservation and were always accommodated.

Is this event only available to Suite members? We're in a plain ol' inside cabin. Can we sign up for this too? Sounds like tons of fun.:o

Is this event only available to Suite members? We're in a plain ol' inside cabin. Can we sign up for this too? Sounds like tons of fun.:o

Nope - it's first come first served, so head straight to the restaurant reservation desk when you board and you should be able to secure your spot. It really is a fantastic experience!

Archived