Carnival Pride-Life Boats on Deck Five

roscoegirl

Hi Folks,

I'm hoping to find opinions and hopefully, pictures of the cabins/balcony on Deck Five on the Carnival Pride. I've been given a nice rate for a 7- niter in Aug 2013 and I'd like to spend less but, I don't know how much of an obstruction, the life boats would be on Deck 5. Does anyone have any experience with these cabins (5188, 5186) and/or any cabin where the life boats are right outside (albeit, below), the balcony. Pictures would be great if anyone has any. BTW: I've already checked a few sites which offer pics but still can't be sure. Thank you in advance!:)

Hi Folks,

I'm hoping to find opinions and hopefully, pictures of the cabins/balcony on Deck Five on the Carnival Pride. I've been given a nice rate for a 7- niter in Aug 2013 and I'd like to spend less but, I don't know how much of an obstruction, the life boats would be on Deck 5. Does anyone have any experience with these cabins (5188, 5186) and/or any cabin where the life boats are right outside (albeit, below), the balcony. Pictures would be great if anyone has any. BTW: I've already checked a few sites which offer pics but still can't be sure. Thank you in advance!:)

I've been on Legend in 5181 twice and I can tell you the view from that arrangement is just fine. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures.

These are from 5237. In a post above, it was mentioned about being back past the tender boats. In the first picture, you can see a tender boat on the Princess ship across the dock. It basically blocks off the whole view from that particular deck. That would be similar to Pride cabins behind the first 3 boats on either side. Where you can see that a regular lifeboat is only at floor level or slightly above.

Not sure what the post above was meaning about looking down and seeing water. These balconies are recessed back from the side of the ship to accommodate the lifeboats, and any slight gap that you look down would be to the outside promenade deck 3, not to the water. The other thing with the location of 5186 and 5188 is you are quite close to the bump out, and won't have any view to the rear. You'll be able to stand at your railing and look forward and out, but to your left would be a wall that's basically the thickness of the lifeboats, and then you would see the balcony from 5192. Not a big deal though.

532.jpg

DSCN4229.jpg

We were recently booked in one of these. We love a balcony. Have never done an obstructed. Didn't much care for it.

Yes the lifeboat is at floor level of you balcony, except that part of the lifeboat that is higher (I guess where the boat driver stands). The lifeboat is quite wide. DH felt like every pic taken from the balcony would have some part of the lifeboat in it.

We really couldn't look down and see water at all.

I should also point out that if looking down and seeing the water at the ship is important, you would need to book a balcony on the non-recessed portions of the ship, no matter which deck you are on. Cabins on deck 6, 7 and 8 within the recessed portion (the area where the lifeboats are) would look down on the boats rather than the water.

The people in the 8J right above us have the same layout of a cabin and the same size balcony which is only 8 feet higher above the boats, but no better view than us, for quite a bit more money. In the case of the cabins the OP is talking about, they have Grand Suites right above them and no better view.

Most of the above post are correct. The life boats block the view DOWN, but not OUT. Deck four has the total obstruction. Yes, it'd be nice not to have the boats there, but considering the price, IMO they are an excellent buy. Have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"

These are from 5237. In a post above, it was mentioned about being back past the tender boats. In the first picture, you can see a tender boat on the Princess ship across the dock. It basically blocks off the whole view from that particular deck. That would be similar to Pride cabins behind the first 3 boats on either side. Where you can see that a regular lifeboat is only at floor level or slightly above.

Not sure what the post above was meaning about looking down and seeing water. These balconies are recessed back from the side of the ship to accommodate the lifeboats, and any slight gap that you look down would be to the outside promenade deck 3, not to the water. The other thing with the location of 5186 and 5188 is you are quite close to the bump out, and won't have any view to the rear. You'll be able to stand at your railing and look forward and out, but to your left would be a wall that's basically the thickness of the lifeboats, and then you would see the balcony from 5192. Not a big deal though.

532.jpg

DSCN4229.jpg

Thank you all for all the great points! I shared these pics with my other sailing mates and we all agreed to change cabins. We sailed last year in an unobstructed cabin so luckily, the two we had were still available for 2013. I don't think seeing the boats directly outside of the balcony would have worked for us (everyone would be complaining that 'it's not like last year')--so glad 'last year's cabins' were still open. :) Everyone also agreed that the kids were really cute!!

Thanks again!

Archived