eastern caribbean excursions for families (9y & 13y old boys)

lemoney

Hi! I posted this earlier on a ports of call board, but after discovering this board, maybe it is a better place to ask...

We are travelling on the Norwegian Epic in a few weeks with our 9y and 13y old sons. This is their second cruise, having done the western caribbean on RCL last year.

We will be going to Nassau in the Bahamas, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. Looking for excursions that are good for our family. The boys each picked ones that sounded interesting to them and the ones they both liked included Jeep Safari & Beach and Mini Boat Adventure in St Thomas, and Blue Lagoon Beach Break (which looks like it is only avail at 1:00 right now-guess that is what I get for hesitating for so long trying to book things!) and Atlantis Aquaventure in Bahamas. I read not so great reviews on the Atlantis one. They both wanted to go to Atlantis when we considered a place to vacation, but it is so expensive, not being all inclusive. The reviews said it is too short of a time to be able to enjoy much. Plus my husband hates overly crowded places and I am afraid it might be very busy there. Anyone know anything about any of these or have any other fun excursions you would recommend? On the cruise last year we did a dolphin excursion-loved it, but not willing to spend that kind of money again right now, having done it so recently. They both love swimming. My 13 yr old is a bit more adventurous than my 9 yr old. Also, being typical boys, they don't want to do a shopping trip! ;)

We would like to find something we would all enjoy. Thanks! =)

~Mel

=)

In Nassau, there used to be a hotel affiliated with Atlantis where you could get a day room, but have full access to the Atlantis property. You might want to research that. Having been to Atlantis, I can say it's amazing and would be great for boys their age. There is (at least used to be) a shark aquarium you walk through and the sharks swim overhead.

Archived