Destiny or Valor or Miracle?

danyelle

Providing Price and Ports were the same, which ship would you choose??

All three have great itineraries for low fares during my vacation, but I have no clue which to sail on! It will be a group of 8 max ages 24-31. This will be a first-time cruise for all but 2 people. Any suggestions on the 'perfect' ship to choose?

Any major differences between these three?

Thanks!!

We personally love the southern Caribbean and we have been on the Destiny twice. Not sure when your sailing but if you want HOT So Carb is the way to go WE are looking into the Miracle too for 2007 so if you do choose that one let us know how it went

Just keep in mind the Destiny is now 8 years old. I would go with either the Valor or the Miracle. Personally, I like the layout of the Miracle the best. We booked the Valor for next May with our four sons and some of their friends (college graduation gift for our youngest). I would have preferred the Miracle, but I don't like sailing out of Tampa.

When we sailed out of Tampa, because of fog conditions (which apparently happen rather frequently), the ship couldn't make it back to port. It has to go under a bridge, and because of a ship (freighter) hitting that bridge several years ago, they opt on the side of safety and if there is any question, the ship stays out at sea until the path is clear. We, along with 4 other ships (translation: about 10,000 passengers in all), didn't dock until 4:30 p.m., which meant most everyone missed flights by the time we actually started debarking. It wasn't easy getting hotel rooms for the night and making different flight arrangements. Some people were stuck in Tampa for two days trying to get flights out. Thankfully, we had insurance which reimbursed us all of our out of pocket expenses.

Then a few weeks ago we decided to go to Tampa for the weekend to see some friends who were sailing on the Miracle. Same thing happened to the passengers coming in from the previous week's sailing. Although they started debarking at 3 p.m., a lot of them missed their flights. The cruise terminal was a mess; total lack of organization.

Then the cruise that our friends were on wound up docking at a different spot in Tampa, so they had to be bussed to the other terminal.

I'm not blaming Carnival; weather delays can't be helped. But Tampa is much more affected by it than Miami. That's why we opted for Miami.

Archived