For Jim and Stan - Your answer to Baristas' post

4JACK

Jim and Stan, I think I see Stan! You guys are just too cool for us mortals. I appreciate your "right-on" information and fabulous photos on this board. At an earlier post, you mentioned you were using a Canon Rebel camera. I just got a Nikon D3200 camera. What len/lens are you using to capture your photos? We have two Oceania cruises scheduled in 2013, and I hope to take photos half as nice as yours. Thanks.

4JACK

Jim and Stan, I think I see Stan! You guys are just too cool for us mortals. I appreciate your "right-on" information and fabulous photos on this board. At an earlier post, you mentioned you were using a Canon Rebel camera. I just got a Nikon D3200 camera. What len/lens are you using to capture your photos? We have two Oceania cruises scheduled in 2013, and I hope to take photos half as nice as yours. Thanks.

4JACK

I'm not allowed to go into too many specifics you understand, but somebody left the charger and the lenses for the good camera back in Connecticut, so all of our Riviera Photo's were taken with the Canon Powershot just as it comes out of the box

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-Stabilized-Wide-Angle-Recording/dp/B0075SUII4/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1352416977&sr=1-7&keywords=Canon+PowerShot

---don't think that there wasn't some cursing and swearing when we realized ou...er....the error, but the photo's came out beautifully, so I guess that everything happens for a reason.

Enjoy your photo taking!

Thanks Jim and Stan. I do have a Canon Powershot SD 1000. Of course, it's an older model, lower mega pixels (7.1) and so much easier to carry. Give yourself credit though for knowing how to take those perfect shots you post. Your photos are super. I really love reading your replies. Looking forward to sailing on the Riviera in February and July, 2013

Archived