Lobstering

Muddog

Lobstering is rarely offered by tour operators so you might find little feedback.

The lobster season runs December 1 to 28 February. Catch limits are 3 per person or 6 per boat per day (whichever is less). Only spiny lobsters may be taken. Minimum tail length is six inches.

Lobsters may not be taken in designated protected zones. You may only catch lobsters while snorkeling (no scuba gear allowed). Use of gloves is prohibited. Use of spear guns which includes hook sticks, pole spear, Hawaiian sling or any similar instrument that pierces the marine life is not allowed.

• 1 month later...

What a great day we had with Fat Fish Adventures. Pete picked us up as planned in front of Hard Rock and off we went. When we arrived at the dock Jordan was there to take us out on what looked like a 30 ft. boat, very nice and clean. It was a nice ride out to the reef and we started snorkeling for lobster. Took us about 30 minutes to find a couple there. Loaded up in the boat and went over to another spot that was a plane wreck. That was nice in it self seeing all the fish around the wreck and other sea life. As we were looking for lobster under the wing we found two of the larger one's we caught. We ended up with six total which is the limit for the day. After that we took a ride back into the dock where we were picked up and taken back into town to Rackams Waterfront Pub. When we got there everybody was watching and taking pictures as we took the lobster to the kitchen to the Chef. He cooked three of them for us with all the fixings. They were each prepared a different way but all very good. I can say it was nothing but first class all the way. If I make it back during the season I will be giving them a call to do it all over again.

• 2 weeks later...
What a great day we had with Fat Fish Adventures. Pete picked us up as planned in front of Hard Rock and off we went. When we arrived at the dock Jordan was there to take us out on what looked like a 30 ft. boat, very nice and clean. It was a nice ride out to the reef and we started snorkeling for lobster. Took us about 30 minutes to find a couple there. Loaded up in the boat and went over to another spot that was a plane wreck. That was nice in it self seeing all the fish around the wreck and other sea life. As we were looking for lobster under the wing we found two of the larger one's we caught. We ended up with six total which is the limit for the day. After that we took a ride back into the dock where we were picked up and taken back into town to Rackams Waterfront Pub. When we got there everybody was watching and taking pictures as we took the lobster to the kitchen to the Chef. He cooked three of them for us with all the fixings. They were each prepared a different way but all very good. I can say it was nothing but first class all the way. If I make it back during the season I will be giving them a call to do it all over again.

Can you share the cost of this? Did you need a minimum number of people to do it?

Archived