Anyone need south florida info I live here

losuds63

Hello Iam going on the valor july,31 2005 east carribean with my new wife and know all the restarants and some hotels in ft lauderdale and miami ports maybe not all but alot you see iam in the bar equipment buisness and service lots of places down here ..I think when you fly in to the airports the best way to the ports is the shuttle carnival has at airports ,and taxis are a fast good way to the ports and more direct but can be a little pricey but if your a group you can split the taxi cost..Also anyone going on a cruise should arrive a day early its always the best way instead of relying on airlines to get you there on time ,an extra day here in south florida could never hurt especially if you live far away and want to take in the sun and a little night life dining or site seeing the day before and not having to put a toll on your nerves rushing around to scramble to the ports the same day you fly in --Just let me know and ill try to help---- Andy E ----Also anyone who knows what excursions that are worth going on in st thomas and st martin please let me know if youve been before iam almost ready to book them but want some feed back thanks

Thanks for offering help on Fort Lauderdale, I will need it later on, when I go on the Legend in March...As for St Thomas, go with Godfrey's tour. Check out the Ports of Call thread on CC and you will get a lot of great info

Jan

Andy And/or Fellow Cruisers:

Appreciate The Assistance In Locating Hotel In Fort Lauderdale Area. Don't Need Anything On Beach (will See Plenty Of Water The Week I Am On The Triumph ) Ha Ha Any Good Hotels (moderate Price) With Restaurants Around That You Would Recommend? We Love Seafood !!! We Will Be Driving, So Getting Around Is Not A Problem. We Plan On Driving To Port Of Miami On Sat. What Time Do You Recommend Getting To The Port? Would 10:30 Or 11:00 Be Too Soon Or Is This During The Rush??

Thanks For Your Help.... Counting Down The Days Until The 9 Of Us Sail .

Ellie

Ellie you best go to expedia.com and stay near airport like comfort suites and you go to los olas and there is restaurant row over there los olas is a block about 2 miles from the airport that is top notch but look at menues on windows tons of places from cheescake factory to local popular local medium priced restaurants nice shopping too but not duty free then in the morning just shoot down I 95 to miami and get to the port at 10-11 oclock no later it will be a zoo down there hope this helps andy

Thanks for offering your help. We will be staying at the Clarion Hotel and Suites at 100 SE 4th St., Miami on June 25 arriving shortly after noon and boarding our cruise the next day. What can we do to fill our afternoon and evening that is close to the hotel and would you know where a close liquor/beer store would be? Thanks again.

We are staying at the Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort for 3 days after our cruise. We will have a rental car. Is this a nice place? (It's on our time-share list) Are there nice places to eat nearby? The resort is on Breakers Ave.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for offering your help. We will be staying at the Clarion Hotel and Suites at 100 SE 4th St., Miami on June 25 arriving shortly after noon and boarding our cruise the next day. What can we do to fill our afternoon and evening that is close to the hotel and would you know where a close liquor/beer store would be? Thanks again.

You will be near Bayside Market... head over there, there are restaurants/bars (Hard Rock, Bubba Gumps, and some nice Italian places on the water with outdoor seating), lots of great shopping, sidewalk vendors, right on the water, nice place to blow some time. In the evening, there may be a band right there on the water.... There is a liquor store a few blocks from Bayside... you can ask the front desk at the hotel for directions...

Hello we stayed there in April for our cruise!! Keep this in mind, breakfast there stinks so go out the door of the hotel. Go straight 3 blocks and you will find a Great Jamaican Restraunt!!!! Great deal Great Coffee Great Atsomphere!!!! The hotel has some problems but knowing this we made the greatest time of it!!!! There is a Nice Restraunt next door with great folks that run it!!! The house is one of the oldest in Miami!!! I think it is called Bajon' on the Bay!!! Eat outside or in!!!! Bayside is $5 by cab not far!!! $10 to the port!!! Enjoy!!!!!!

:)

I am leaving tomorrow night for our vacation. We are staying at the Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort on Breakers Ave. Are there places to eat nearby? We will have our children with us, 15, 12 and 9. Is there something not to be missed? We were just thinking of relaxing for a couple of days after our cruise.

The place your staying ,Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort is real nice and your in the middle of everything get to riverfront off los olas ask front desk for directions and shops and restaurants galor and even for a small charge an intracoastal ferry ride is great,you can jump on from riverfront, on this mini cruise you see all the multi million dollar homes really nice ride try not to miss that,Riverfront is a mini mall with restaurants and shops walk outside ,has theaters and dining and around the block theres los olas , a block that has some great restaurants and shopping the block looks like a mini park av new york in a way --Also if your renting a car not far from ft lauderdale airport in hollywood of I95 there is a Dave and Busters restaurant and bar with the largest game room for the kids you ever seen iam 41 and take my 6 year old son there all the time hope this helps and you get this info on time andy e

You will be near Bayside Market... head over there, there are restaurants/bars (Hard Rock, Bubba Gumps, and some nice Italian places on the water with outdoor seating), lots of great shopping, sidewalk vendors, right on the water, nice place to blow some time. In the evening, there may be a band right there on the water.... There is a liquor store a few blocks from Bayside... you can ask the front desk at the hotel for directions...
Hello Bayside is a cool place but be aware its a trap dont be intimidated by the folks that ask you to come over to buy something from their booths thay can be quite annoying sometimes just smile and ignor these people, restaurants are ok and dont forget if you eat in a restaurant in miami they add the tip to the check so dont over tip check your bill very carefully

What is the best hotel in South Beach, on the beach??
Iam going with the colony hotel for a old building this is the classic renovated place to stay in the heart of all the action dont have no use for a rent a car there!!!

What is the best hotel in South Beach, on the beach??
Maybe not the best for some but you must check it out and dont forget miami includes the tip on restaurant and drink tabs the Colony

Thanks, losuds63! I got to read your post, just before I shut down the computer for our trip!

Thanks!!!

Your welcome have a great stay I lived in Phoenix for three years 94-97 check out Alexis grill on north central av for dinner I use to wait tables there and its sister restaurant Christos on 7th great food if you live in that area!!

Archived