Luggage Tags?

alonzo14

What is the best way to put on paper luggage tags so that they will stay on we'll? Carnival says to put them on before leaving home but I'm concerned about them staying on through airline handling. I have been on several cruises but this will be my first time with the printed paper ones. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Are you not touching your luggage again once you arrive at your airport at the cruise port?

I've never put them on before I leave home. I place them inside my suitcase and then place them on the morning of right before I leave for the port from my hotel (fly in the day before.)

I also don't just keep them as paper alone. I take the tags and fold them as needed. Then I take clear packaging tape and wrap it around the tag. Put a hole through it and use a wire tie or string and attach it on my suitcase.

We use these:

http://www.*******************.com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder.html

Small one-time investment and you never have to worry about laminating, or wrapping them in packing tape, or stapling them ever again.

ETA: I see CC in it's infinite wisdom has blocked the web address. Do a search on "Favors by Serendipity," once there, search for "cruise luggage tags."

The Favors by Serendipity cruise luggage tags are WONDERFUL!!! I can not say enough good things about them. I bought them for my luggage, for my mom, etc.

That aside, before that, this is the way I handled the luggage tags:

1) Wait until the morning of/night before the cruise to prepare the tags.

2) Fold them as instructed.

3) Get clear packing tape. Cover both sides of the tag with the tape, being sure to 'seal' the tag (Alternatives: You can have the tags laminated at an office supply store or school OR buy letter size individual sheets of laminate available via Walmart or any office supply store in the printing supply section).

4) Wrap tag around handle. Obsessively tape the ends, and then staple. If you are staying the night before at a hotel, no need to take your own stapler, just borrow a stapler from the front desk.

Voila!

I also think this would withstand airline handling if you will not handle your luggage between airline/cruiseline.

Archived