Online TA's - category shown, but not available?

suziehmkr

OK - since I have been checking daily for a quad cabin to open up on our cruise (we are booked in a triple mini and now need a quad) - I have noticed something odd.

When checking with online companies, sometimes catagories will show as available, but when you click for cabin selection it says there aren't any in that category available. These online companies usually ONLY show the categories that are available when searching... then I get my hopes up when I see a BB or a BC (really wanting to stay in a mini though) - only to click it and it says they are not there.

Why are they even showing those to begin with? It isn't showing mini's which are all sold out... so why show BB & BC's when there aren't any? :confused:

Does anyone have an idea of why they tease me like this?

Could it be that the ship is at capacity for 3 or 4 in a cabin as of now? I looked at an online agency for the Island Princess cruise you show in December. When I asked for pricing for 3 or 4 people in a cabin, it comes up that you need to call for information. But when I try for 2 people in the cabin, then it goes to where I could actually book the cruise. Not sure if this is exactly what you are asking, but I do know that the ships do have a capacity limit of how many 3 or 4 people cabins they can actually book. We are on the Diamond Princess here next month with 3 of us in the cabin. It has been closed for quite a while for that many or more in the cabins. We always have to book early just in case this happens. I will say though that last week for a short time, on line, I did notice that they showed you could book 3 in a cabin again. So I would definitely keep checking and see.

If this isn't what you were asking, then hopefully you find the information you need and good luck. It can be frustrating.

Could it be that the ship is at capacity for 3 or 4 in a cabin as of now?

I do know that they don't have any quads available... my point is - that normally, when you select the number of people it will ONLY show the catagories that fit your request... yet they are listing them even though there aren't any available. When I first started checking, no balconies even came up... For the last two days, a BB has shown, but they are not available... and today a BC showed up on the list - but again, not available. That is what is so frustrating.

Oh well, I will keep trying... I just wanted to know what the deal was with the teaser listings. I know we needed to book early - in fact this cruise was booked in January. However at the time, we only needed a triple and I don't like taking quads in case someone actually NEEDS them. It's a shame though because I just know that there are some quads that have only two people in them. Ughh!

Archived