My First Price Drop!

tabbi_cakes

May you score plenty ptice drops but be patient. My last ES cruise last June I had no price drops for the first nine months but then after we got below 60 days until cruise they were coming in almost once a week.. Good luck.

[url]http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com[/url]

[quote name='chipq']May you score plenty ptice drops but be patient. My last ES cruise last June I had no price drops for the first nine months but then after we got below 60 days until cruise they were coming in almost once a week.. Good luck.

[URL]http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com[/URL][/quote]

That is good to hear. So far our price has went up 3 times from when we booked. I have been checking every other day, but this cruise date is pretty in demand apparently, so I doubt there will be a drop.

I was right in the first place EXCEPT I am saving $30 per person!! I did have to give up an incentive (12 drink soda pass/card). I think sodas are only $2 each so the value of the soda pass/card is only about $24. We can always bring our own soda on board with us so I am confident I did the right thing. :D

I have NO idea where the travel agent got those numbers. She was a little snippy with me. Maybe next time I will just book directly with Carnival.

Did your travel agent let you get a price adjustment? last month I was on the destiny and the priced drop. When I called the travel agent they said no price adjustment....I will never book through a travel agent again [quote name='tabbi_cakes']Or not...

For some reason I had it n my head that our price for 2 people (just the fare) was 838, when it is actually only $680.

OOPS[/quote]

[quote name='LHORTON3']Did your travel agent let you get a price adjustment? last month I was on the destiny and the priced drop. When I called the travel agent they said no price adjustment....I will never book through a travel agent again[/QUOTE]

She said she would submit it to Carnival and I should get an email in about 3 business days.

Yay! My price drop was approved!! I was waiting on the email I was told by my TA I would get. Got tired of waiting so I logged onto Carnival.com and looked at my invoice. Saw it there!

Happy Dance
[IMG]http://www.mikesroadtrip.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/happy-dance2.gif[/IMG]

We booked through Carnival last March for our cruise. Got a $60 price drop before the cruise was paid off and they adjusted our bill to reflect it. As soon as we hit the 60 day mark, another price drop for $108 then last week another $10 drop. I now have OBC and I check Carnival's website everyday.
I rarely use a TA since most of my vacations are not elaborate to plan, but I will be the first one in line if the planning becomes overwhelming to me. Hope you get more price drops and enjoy your cruise!

Archived