Port Canaveral - Luggage Question

We are driving to Port Canaveral to get on the Mariner Sunday. I have a question about luggage. If you are self-parking your car in their lot, do you have to carry your luggage a long ways before dropping it off.

Similarly, upon debarkation do you have to carry your bags a long way to the car. We are choosing suitcases, and the one we choose depends on how far we actually have to lug it.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

You can drop off your luggage using porters without walking at all. The setup they have though is not that great, patience is required (you have to cross pedestrian traffic twice to get to where the luggage porters are - it's setup pretty stupid - maybe it is not that way all the time - we arrived after a coast guard inspection and people were still getting off the ship at noon). From the baggage claim to the street is not terribly far; my husband and I actually carried (wheeled) two large suitcases, garment bag, two carry-ons and a couple of duffles all the way to our car in the bottom floor of the parking garage. It's really not that far to walk - or you can wait at the curb and drive the car up to retrieve the luggage.

Archived