Tours of belize zoo and city

pearly girl

Capt. Sanchez took us to the zoo and gave us a personal guided tour of the zoo. As we left the port area in Belize City and on our return to the city from the zoo, he pointed out sites in the city, including the house where he was born on May 5, 1935 and the home he lives in today. The whole four plus hours we spent with him, he told us about Belize. There is nothing you can ask him about Belize that he cannot answer. When he meets you, he will ask you where you live and then tell you something about that place. He has an amazing memory and amazing stories to tell.

On another visit to Belize, we did the River Wallace/Altun Ha tour through the ship. It is a full day, but we really enjoyed that too. Another poplular excursion there is cave tubing, but we are not that adventurous, lol.

I am confident that Capt. Sanchez can suggest some other things if you want more choices to consider.

I was in Belize last November on Carnival Liberty i did a zoo and baboon sanctuary tour with one of the locals . He was a tour guide who goes by the name "Squid"!!! quite funny lol:D. The tour lasted almost 5 hours but we really enjoyed it me along with a group of 12 others, he first took us to the Baboon Sanctuary where we were able to get an interaction with the Howler Monkeys while in the Rainforest which i thought was way cool! After that we visited the zoo and did a 1hr 30 min tour where i got to see native animals up front and personal. Its a very unique tour and you don't have to take the Baboon Sanctuary if you dont want but we decided to do both since my crew and i were very adventerous. He gave us his card with his email addy wtg_792@hotmail.com. Im not sure if it's a g or a q since his card got damaged while in my purse. Wish you the best of luck Pearly :cool:

Melissa

Archived