Room Stewards?

kdinkus1

Is there anyway I can find out if our Room Steward is male/female? Does anyone know whether they move them from area to area? Been reading on giving out small gifts with their tip as another 'thank you' for all their help. It would help to know which gender I would be buying for. (so many ideas are coming to mind.. fun!):D

We just buy stuff that is non gender specific, like t-shirts from our home town, or pens, candy, etc...........that anyone would think was fun, and give it to them on the last night along with a little extra tip, and a note of thanks. We buy t-shirts in Large.......they shrink, and the girls can use them as sleep shirts.

We just buy stuff that is non gender specific, like t-shirts from our home town, or pens, candy, etc...........that anyone would think was fun, and give it to them on the last night along with a little extra tip, and a note of thanks. We buy t-shirts in Large.......they shrink, and the girls can use them as sleep shirts.

Our last room steward was a good 3XL ...I think an extra tip would be in order.

Is there anyway I can find out if our Room Steward is male/female? Does anyone know whether they move them from area to area? Been reading on giving out small gifts with their tip as another 'thank you' for all their help. It would help to know which gender I would be buying for. (so many ideas are coming to mind.. fun!):D

I have heard of a lot of people purchasing pre-paid long distance cards, for international calls. I think this is a great idea, so they can call home and not have to take the money for that specific call out of their tips. And it is generic.

I can't think of any way you could find out the gender of your room steward ahead of time. I would vote for something that would go for either one IF you are bringing something for them.

But I have to tell you, gifts are great, but cash is what they are really hoping to get over and above a gift. We have asked them before, quietly, and they have always told us that gifts are great but the $$$ are what they really would like to have.

So, my suggestion, take whatever you would spend on a gift and add it to their gratuity in cash.

What great ideas everyone has, and I know they love and need cash. I guess maybe it is just fun for me to buy a little gift - I always put a little colored tissue and rafia ribbon around it - no tape, in case security wants to open it. We give cash also.

Thank you to everybody who responded to my question, especially so quickly! Still not sure if we will give gift or cash but now have decided to leave that up to my DH! Probably the ONLY decision he will make the entire cruise. :D

Archived