NCL Chefs, help all others too!!!

Kaboochi

We were on the Sun in October and had mushroom soup on our first night, and it was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! I cruised with my best friend and we are still raving about it. My family will be at her & her dh's house for Christmas and we want to make this soup. If any chef or staff or fellow passengers can provide this recipe I would be very happy. That is all I want for Christmas!!!:)

Ps - the head chef is the most approachable of any ship I have been on. If you get the chance to do the galley tour, don't miss it.

I'm with you on the soup, they use to serve in a bread bowl but stopped a 12 to 18 months ago. I asked for the recipe and lost it but if you do a google search look for a recipe that has a min of 4/5 different mushrooms, chic stock and medium to heavy cream, I use table cream and that's about it. You'll have to use some dried mushrooms from your local Asian grocery store. When done let it cool puree to the texture that you like then reheat.

I actually found the recipe i use here is a link

http://www.canadianliving.com/food/cream_of_mushroom_soup.php

Archived