Just off the Fascination today

Cobbler54

My best friend and I got off the Fascination this morning. We left our dh's at home to celebrate her 60th b-day. We had a wonderful time...except for the fact that we had to resolve an air conditioning problem. It was kind of solved, but we didn't let that stop us from having a good time. Heck...you spend most of the time at the pool or on a tour. Everyone on the ship were very friendly and accomidating. The only thing we were sad about was that we went to the Lido bar after the lifeboat drill and couldn't find anyone with mardi gras beads, so the people we talked to in the roll call boards didn't show up (or we didn't find them). We were looking forward to meeting all those people. For anyone looking to book on the Fascination, I'd say do it...we had a good experience.

Barb

I am the other half who went on the Fasination. Past post have said that the ship is very run down and dirty. I think Carnival must read these posts as they were going out of there way to clean the ship up. They were putting in new carpet thru out the ship. Our bathroom was very clean. Looks like they just recently redid the bed with duvets. Very nice.

Food was good. The deli in the back of the ship made really good Rubin Sandwiches. Pizza was also good. Dinners were also very good.

We went to Key West and Cozumel. Did not go on any tours as we have been to both places several times.

Just keep in mind this is a four day cruise. Short cruises use older ships and not as many perks and fancy stuff as longer cruises.

We had a wonderful time on cruise.

Also a warning for everyone. Customs was on the look out for anyone with new looking jewelry on there body. They were looking for people that did'nt declare what they bought.

Just back as well. Barb and Sue, I did look at the Lido bar and didn't see anyone with beads. I didn't have any so you wouldn't have noticed me. I almost started asking for Barb or Sue, but I wasn't totally sure I was in the right place.

We had a great time as well. Yes parts of the ship looked some wear, but they were constantly cleaning it. Nothing bothered us. I loved the food, my wife thought it was a bit bland. We didn't do any tours either, just shopping.

I will try to write more when I have time.

Don

Archived