QM2 July 11 Westbound

ciaobella

Hi Ciaobella, wife and I will be on this crossing, did you book a pre-cruise package. We booked 2 nights at Thisle Marble Arch thru Cunard

Kennetro was this a back-to back crossing or did you spend time in the UK between the crossings.

Ciao Kennetro and Geopa!

We are from Tennessee and are taking this cruise to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We will fly over to London on the 7th - have already booked some theater tickets and also plan to go out to Hampton Court Palace which we have not yet seen. We did not book our pre-cruise stay through Cunard. Looking forward to the adventure!

How ironic, ciaobella, we were on the ship crossing Eastbound last July (04), and met a wonderful couple, ALSO celebrating their 30th! We toasted them with champagne. They'd also done a few days in London ahead of the return (as had we). We still keep up with them regularly via email. Perhaps we could meet up for a toast to you as well!

And yes, GEOPA, this is a back-to-back. Because we did a week in London last year, we decided to just stay on the ship for two weeks of total relaxation this time. We've worked hard for this trip, so we're just going to become "slugs"! ...and yes, we're both currently on diets in preparation for it! <g>

Kennetro , now that's my idea of a cruise! Since we have never been to London ( layover at Heathrow does not count) we decided to stay in London for 2 nights. BtoB would have been great tho, lots of sea days ( favorite part of a cruise) and no long trans-atlantic flight. We are from southwestern PA(Go Steelers!!!) and will also celebrate our 30th anniversary

A champagne toast for anniversaries is definitely in order! I'd like to sail around the world - that would be my idea of a great "back-to-back!" I am leaving this week to spend 12 days in Italy with a group of students, so I will not be checking this board until I return. I'll be in touch when I return.

Ciao!

Ciaobella:

Have a wonderful time in Italy. I'm sure a few dances and a moonlit promenade are in store for you as you celebrate your 30th. Congratulations. Wishing you and your husband a lifetimeof romance.

Bon voyage.

DanZ,

Happy Anniversary to you, too! Let us hear about your cruise when you return. You're right about the romance - you only have 20 years to compare, and the best is yet to come!!!! Every year is better!

Lokking forward to hearing from you!

Archived