2 for 1 bucket of beer on the Dawn?

Terri68

I went back to some old Dawn postings (2004) and read that a few people mentioned that you can order a bucket of beer during some of the 2 for 1 specials on the trip and get 12 beers for the cost of 5. Is that still available? If so, does anyone know when and what bars the 2 for 1 sales are? Thanks!

I went back to some old Dawn postings (2004) and read that a few people mentioned that you can order a bucket of beer during some of the 2 for 1 specials on the trip and get 12 beers for the cost of 5. Is that still available? If so, does anyone know when and what bars the 2 for 1 sales are? Thanks!

I just read the Majesty FreeStyle Daily posted by Beachwarmer, and they had daily 2 for ones, and I'm pretty sure they specifically mentioned no helmets. Liquor is limited to first shelf.

I just read the Majesty FreeStyle Daily posted by Beachwarmer, and they had daily 2 for ones, and I'm pretty sure they specifically mentioned no helmets. Liquor is limited to first shelf.

True. Certain bars, certain times of the day.

But could you get 2 for 1 beer in bottles or is it draft only ? Still a better deal then the helmets. Buy 6 get 6 free :D

The rules seem to change ship to ship. Some have 2 for 1 some don't. It change week to week as well.

On the Dawn it was 20% off all drinks with lattitudes at anytime in Spinnakers. On the Sun last august it was 20% off only certain hours and only on beer and first shelf liquor. Helmets were excluded

The Majesty "Daily" for the Mother's Day departure says, "HAPPY HOUR, Buy one drink get another one for free, House Brands Only (Helmet of Beer not included)". From that I would assume at least domestic draft beer, and might lean toward domestic bottles, as why would they mention the helmet? But why wouldn't they mention the beer with the cocktaisl.

As the quotes vary a little, another one said "HAPPY HOUR, 2 for 1 Cocktails & Highballs (House Brands only, Helmet of Beer not included)" Both of these are word for word quotes, caps and punctuation exactly as printed.

Most of these were from Midnight to 1:00 am. Late thought, that might make me lean toward draft only, so you don't stock up the fridge for the next day.

The only time we had a Happy Hour was on the Star in 2002, and I recall us getting cocktails. I seem to recall one in the party having beer, but not sure.

EDIT/ADDENDUM:

From a post dated August/2004

Woodz24:

We were on the Dawn in November and the Pearly Kings Pub had "happy hour" special everynight from like 5 to 6 pm and you could buy 6 beers and get 6 free. It was awesome! And for some reason, nobody knows about it??

As Shoreguy said, the specials differ from ship to ship, as I do not recall seeing any such 2/1's on any of our three Dawn cruises. Martini's, Yes, cocktails and beer, No.

Archived