Is the pharmacy still at the shops behind tender dock

mydreamvacation

When we were in Belize years ago there was a pharmacy in the back area of the shops is it still there? I want to stock up on things like zpaks ,pink eye drops etc. our doctor copayment has doubled. Plus if I recall some meds were less expensive than our copays at home. Do I need to bring my old bottles or is it still if you know the name and dosing you are all set?

The pharmacy in the "back area" is still there, but there has been a new jewelery store built in the courtyard that was in front of the pharmacy, that you can just walk around & there it is in the same old place.No need to bring your old bottles as long as you know the item & dosage they will fix you right up. We shop there every time we are there & on most items, their pricing would be tough to beat here at home.

It sounds like Obama Care is working against your family. No surprise there.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

I bought Z-pak and what was supposed to be 500mg Ampicillin at Belize last year. I got off the tender and walked left past several shops, they were working on some of them, there was a small pharmacy, back by the public bathrooms, pharmacy on the right.

The Z-pak was $12 for 3, I asked about the 5 I had several yrs ago, nope, take 3. They were 500mg, in fact, I just took them a few weeks ago. I had asked for 500 mg Ampicillin, they were not in bottles like i get in Mexico, but were in sheets, the kind you push the pill out of the back, ad so many wrapped in tape. I don't remember how much I paid, I took these a few weeks ago too, 7 days, before I realized with glasses and lighted magnifiying glass they are actuall 500mg Amoxicillin.:eek: I remember questiong the pharmacist, oh yes, this is Ampicillin, I am a medical asst, should have known better but didnt have the magnifiying glass at port! I didnt open them until a few weeks ago.

Remember to double check what you purchase, and yes, I told her what I wanted and she filled my order. Glad I did not have a reaction like I did a few yrs ago from 875mg of it!

Hope to get more in a few weeks, I like the bottles from Mexico, but a hurricane changed our route, had to grab some in Belize.

Good luck, read the fine tiny print!

Cindy

Archived