Swimming to the sea turtles from the beach- Have you done it?

gapearl

we're going to spend the day at Carlisle, likely near Boatyard. It'll only be the two of us, if we decide to catch a local boat or swim out on our own, what does one do with their belongings? leave them on beach chair, lockets? :confused:

I was wondering the same thing. Does the Boatyard have lockers, and does anyone know the cost for them?

we're going to spend the day at Carlisle, likely near Boatyard. It'll only be the two of us, if we decide to catch a local boat or swim out on our own, what does one do with their belongings? leave them on beach chair, lockets? :confused:

any clarification on the above post regarding belongings? TIA

• 2 weeks later...

OP here! Final verdict: I did NOT swim to the sea turtles on my own. I took a taxi to The Boatyard for $5 and a local called a tour for me called Snorkel Wid Neville. It was only $20 and since I was the only one at the time, I got a private tour. Could I have done the swim? Yes, but honestly I'm glad I didn't. The water was a big rough the day I was there and I ended up using a floatie while in the water.

This is how close we were to shore, not zoomed in. However, it's way on the other side of the beach from The Boatyard, about 10 minutes in Neville's boat.

325d2c8a-9518-4df7-9b17-13fd6df5faa7_zps67bc1f37.jpg

In the end, the $20 was worth it. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi GApearl!

I read all your review from the Valor,going with her in 1 month :)

That was very greats reviews,i like it very much...

Where did you put your bag or personal effect when you were in the Neville boat? On his boat? Is this safe for my camera or i be better to leave (my non waterproof one..) on the cruise ship?

(sorry for my little english...)

• 2 weeks later...

CHIRPY12345 & ERNIESBAND.....Would you recommend Calabaza? My husband and I will be in Barbados and we saw great reviews about Calabaza but would like to know first had if it was enjoyable & worth the price. We really are looking to just have a nice relaxing, leisurely day. Any thoughts are appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

How early do you have to get to the Boatyard to catch Neville for swimming with the turtles?

Hi, we were next door at Lobster Alive in mid December and a couple of guys were asking people for most of the morning/early afternoon if they wanted to swim with the Turtles. I asked how much and they said $US20. I was only asking the cost out of interest because I usually swim with the Turtles from Paynes bay beach. The cost from Paynes is the same as from picking up a boat at the Boatyard.

Terry